Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

burb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Apr 27, 2002.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Thinking about buying a Suburban for my baja adventures. I see it as a great vehicle for road trips and it has plenty of room for surfboards and camping supplies.

I am keeping my blazer for my trail rig and desert mobile. Doors/top...huh?

Anyway what would be the best year suburban to go with? I have learned how to keep my truck running so now I want a Burb that is compatible with what I know but want a good truck to start with...

Thanks for any feedback.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

89-91 were the best years. TBI fuel injection for better mileage and more power, NP241 transfer case which is better than the NP208, 30 spline 10 bolts (if you get the 1/2 ton), and the 700R4 had all the bugs worked out of it. Mine's just about to get to 200,000 miles...

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

great advice from 89gmc,
    but i feel if you get a 73 then you can update the front end clip(if you prefer) and the drivetrain(3/4 ton for towing) and not have to deal with emissions. this is just a personal choice though. i do totaly agree with all of what 89gmcsuburban said.
    grant