Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

burn out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FatBoyBlazer, Jul 5, 2003.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

alright last night i waited in line to burn out at the new england summer nats, and i couldn't spin em........after the embaresment i went to a place by my house and did a preaty sick smoke show....ask angrysonwplow.......but i need a quick safe way do do a burn out and not embaras my self in front of over a thousand people......need some quick tips....i'm gonna try i again tomorow night(tonight) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Clamp a small vise grip on the rear rubber brake line just before the 'show'... It's just above the distribution block on the diff. Easier on the rear brakes too. After the smoke show remove the vice grip.

Rene

3. FatBoyBlazer

thats what i tried to do but it didn't work...i got some time to do some test runs /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but thanks for the quick response /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. tRustyK5

You have to clamp it hard enough to prevent the rear brakes from working.

Alternatives would be a washer nozzle aimed at the tires...pretty easy to hook up actually. Fill the washer bottle with bleach./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

5. FatBoyBlazer

i was told that but what does the bleach do.....i also seems that the rear brakes lock kinda...i'll try to clamp them of harder, thanks again.. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

OMFG what a night /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    No top No doors No seat No exhaust system /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    But please tie that cooler down it kept sliding into me /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    That was awesome going by cruisers w/ open headers with them not caring. Summer nationals are better than Christmas, I tell ya.
    BTW I copied the tape, I'll call ya tomorrow sometime.

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

make sure your rear brakes arent really dirty so they're not locking up. or get a linelock for the front /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. tRustyK5

It's like spinning tires on wet pavement...plus the bleach makes the tires smoke even more.

Rene

9. FatBoyBlazer

yea that damn cooler......that damn girl wouldn't shut up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifyea i'm doing them again tommorow night....but this time they're gonna blow /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifive also put the back seat back in...prolly talk to you tomorow

10. FatBoyBlazer

thats one of the problems is the i can't do a brake stand even in the rain...i can hold the gas a brake and let off the brake and it will roast em off the line but thats it....i'm gonna pull the drums tomorow morning and see whats up /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Back when my truck still had the auto tranny, I had 33's, a welded 14b and TH350 tranny. I could do burnouts on command, on wet or dry pavement and concrete, even in reverse. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It's all about big block power. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I've been trying to decide if I could still do that with the 465...Interesting to work all three pedals at once. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. FatBoyBlazer

ive got a welded 14 and an auto trany i think it might just be my pads sticking

13. Zeus33rd

It's about horsepower and gears... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Your sig line says you have a 350, Is it built? What gears are you running with the 38's?

14. FatBoyBlazer

i was trying to burnsome shyt ase 265...r16 tires, they were the original tires from his truck...mabey 32's....im running a preaty much stock 350 with 4.10 gears with open headers...for this week end i can drive around all week end like this....its mayhem..like angrysnowplow said its better than x-mas /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    i was trying to burnsome shyt ase 265...r16 tires, they were the original tires from his truck...mabey 32's....im running a preaty much stock 350 with 4.10 gears with open headers...for this week end i can drive around all week end like this....its mayhem..like angrysnowplow said its better than x-mas /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn....lol, I wish I could run around with straight headers with out someone having a $hit fit- THAT would be cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. FatBoyBlazer

its awsum there are funny cars driving around the streets its fin awsum....and people that i don't like get the 2am first gear dragged by they're house /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Well apparently you don't like half the city /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Yer making me wanta go unbolt my exhaust /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

18. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well apparently you don't like half the city

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gifBeautiful /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

19. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

my show truck,white lightning, has a built 454/500hp engine. it is a 1 ton with detroits F&R, 5.13's, and i have 39.5" MT's. i can do a burnout on dry pavement cruisin down the road. on wet roads i have a hell of a time. if u barely tap the pedal u got crazy as hell and it spins all over and is hard to control. its all about the motor and gears.

NITRO

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to decide if I could still do that with the 465...Interesting to work all three pedals at once. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] its not hard. I can do it with my 350 k5. Just rev it up to like 2k, drop the clutch and jump on the brake and gas. its hard to brake with your heel and get the right pressure. I could do this and move about 2 feet before I got it to sit still. With a BB I could see it being much easier and a 2k drop being harder on that rear u joint /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.