Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

burn outs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FatBoyBlazer, Dec 30, 2001.

1. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

ok i've swapped in a 14ff like last week and id wouldn't burn out.....tonight i tried to burn out and well it spun withh such ease, did it again and then again, could some think be wrong???

hola

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Your rear brakes probably need to be readjusted. What happens is twhen you put it in and adjusted the brakes you couldnt do it. Well after the brakes seated in, they need to be adjusted again. With the brakes not grabbing it way easier to do burn outs.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. FatBoyBlazer

thats what i was thinking, i'll have some fun first

hola

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

5. FatBoyBlazer

your right.........but hey guesse what i did before i read this post........................spun them up..........nice[​IMG]
    and recorded it..........have a new post for the clip

hola<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by FatBoyBlazer on 12/31/01 11:01 PM.</FONT></P>

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Oh well just be happy that you can do burnouts!! It cost me $500 for my new motor to burn my tires off (35x12.50). The 4.10 posi rear helps though. Well, the 4.10s do...not so much the posi!!

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23>http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23</a>
    "JEEP....SO GIRLY, BARBIE HAD TO HAVE IT"

8. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

How many of you can just mash to go pedal and leave a patch and how many have to powerbrake the truck and then how many can't get the tires to break loose no matter what they do? I have 36 inch swamper sx's with 4:10 gears, turbo 350 and I just installed a built 427 rat motor last week. I am still breaking the motor in but I can't leave a patch. I had the same motor with stock intake and exhaust in a 1970 chevelle and at 40 mph I could mash the gas and leave posi sidways in the middle of the road with 26 inch tires and 3:36 gears. The motor for the truck has some aftermarket parts and the truck won't burn out from a dead stop, the 350 before it didn't do it either. Are the tires just to big? How many of you have the burnout problem?

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The contact patch for 36 inch Swampers puts a lot of rubber on the road!

The other thing that can make a huge difference is the torque converter. A stock truck converter engages at low RPM, long before the engine is near its torque peak, especially with a cam that's hotter than stock. By the time the engine gets up to the torque peak, the truck is already rolling down the road. A looser converter will give you a much more agressive launch, but it also makes it difficult to crawl along slow, rocky trails. The engine has to be spun up higher to get the truck moving, which also creates a lot of heat from the torque converter.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

10. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

The cam is an edelbrock performer, with perfromer intake. I should have lots of go off the line. I have a new stock converter and plan to change to a slight higher stall but for now its flashing at 1,500. Great for crawling but even so I should have enough torque at 1,500 to roast them up

11. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

a 3300 lb car can light them up easier then a 6000 lb truck like a k5, pickups have it easier usually less weight on the rear then a k5

formerly 77chev

12. Ancient_4X4

Ancient_4X4 Registered Member

If my truck didn't have fulltime 4X4 I'm sure I could leave a pretty good patch, it's got a nice take-off, I've dusted lots of other people's 4X4's handily. I run stock tires.

13. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

My stock 87 with a sick 350 would spin easily with no braking, especially on new pavement, and my 87 K20 often squeaks a bit b/c I am not very handy with the manual tranny!! (yet, getting better all the time...)

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
    - General John Sedgwick (1813-1864), last words