Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

burned! suburban advice / pricing?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by urbanmx, Jul 13, 2005.

1. urbanmx

urbanmx Registered Member

I went to buy a great condition 3/4 ton 4x4 suburban on Sat. but after driving 2 hrs to meet the guy half way the truck wasn't what he explained. The tires are bald, the winch is missing, the paint is complete junk, the headliner is falling off, 2 of the windows are broke, and it has 35 thous miles more than he told me. :mad: .

What can I expect to pay for a 1989-91 4x4 suburban in great condition, low miles? I realize that it's gonna have some dings and regular wear, but am I only gonna find junk for 3,000 to 3,500?

2. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

First thing I'd say is that, if he either lied or wasn't fully truthful about the condition, BAIL OUT. Deal with someone who is straight forward and honest.

There'll be other trucks.

KEEP LOOKING...DON'T SETTLE. YOUR SEARCH MAY NOT BE RESOLVED OVERNIGHT, SO KEEP LOOKING - WHEN THE RIGHT TRUCK COMES ALONG, YOU'LL BE READY!!!!!!

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I scan the Truck Trader every week. I'm guessin' you're looking at $4500 to $5500 for what you described.

Hold off for a good one, you'll be glad you did.

Eric M.

4. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:burb: If its not what you want or is more work than you want to do just wait. Dont worry the burb will come when the time is right. I bought mine 4yrs ago for 3500 so it is possible to find good trucks in that price range :burb:

5. urbanmx

urbanmx Registered Member

:D Good news I found my suburban and bought it!!!! 1991 low miles, absolutely perfect interior, 4" lift, new tires and rims, 9000lb winch, and a WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGER! Oh man, I couldn't be happier :D .