Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Burnt out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BLZN4FN, May 19, 2004.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Do you ever just get burnt out? I have a well built k5
    for the money that I have into the thing but just cant get
    pumped up to go wheelin or even to work on the damm thing /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    What do you all do to keep the motivation/fun alive?
    I was thinking about taking the year off from wheeling and hope by next year the spark will be back but Im afraid if I take time off I may not get back into the wheeling thing.

What would you do?

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got really burnt out while building my buggy. Ended up forcing myself to get it done.
    I like to just get back to what made me want to fourwheel. I regularly take it out and just drive on some of the graded back roads and such that are easy to get to.
    Plan a camping trip with freinds that you will need the rig for to make you get it ready. Then just use it, don't do things that will cause you to need to do more work just enjoy having a well setup vehicle.

I guess through all that rambling I am really saying just enjoy what you have for a while, it has always had a good effect on my spirit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Sometimes when building I have to pick a project that I'm really into. Maybe not the one that needs to be done the most but something I really want to do and then I have fun with that.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i watch wheeling videos that gets me pumped and wanting to go wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i have the opposite problem i want to go wheeling but cant because i never have the money to go /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I think most of us get burnt out once in a while. I think it is pretty normal.

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

sometimes taking a few weeks off is good then you probably wont want to go... but if you make yourself you will usually be like WOW this is GREAT! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Second on the videos, that just gets me excited

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Sadly, that's kind of where I am right now. My truggy has been down for about 2 months with no good reason other than I just didn't want to fool with it. Also got parts lying around for several projects that aren't getting done. Part of it is the heat, but that never stopped me before. I'm trying to generate enough motivation to get out an fix a leaky wheel cylinder right now, not having much luck... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

sh!t i have a d60/14 combo just sitting in my over 1.5 yaers, it's also lack of money. i finished installing my TPI 2 months ago and have driven it less than 10 miles since then.

but ask me about my toyota project i have been dreaming about and it might give me a cuddy /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif