Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Burton road in Vancouver...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Any chance any of you live off Burton road in Vancouver Wa.? I was over there (couple mies from my sisters place) when I saw this "huge" K5, all spring lift, appeared to have cross-over steering (hard to tell when driving by ), black paint, 2nd generation... No stickers for CK5 that I saw but figured I would ask.

-Ryan /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Nope... it was much taller. I was surprised that it was all spring when I looked at it... Which usually means that the person that owns it has a clue and actually uses it for its apparent purpose. It was more like a step on the tire to get in size of /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Did it have the front tires on it? If it did then it's not jekbrowns, his is sitting on block in the front, and it it taller then that picture that Shannon posted. I just saw it Thursday and it is badass looking.

-Jeremy

It's off 134th,

-Jeremy

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, my rig is a lot diff than that pic now. since then, its gone 1 ton, x-over, added revolvers + shackle flip, trimmed the fenders quite a bit, added a roll bar, added about 1.5" of lift (mine is all spring, if ORD zero rates count as a spring!), hydro ram steering, sheesh.. what else? I dunno... buts its definitely changed. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

if u saw it recently, the give away is a) no front tires, no tail gate, no hardtop (in january!), and no rear bumper. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

speaking of seeing peeps K5s around... anyone on here drive a nice black blazer and go to PSU? I see one from a distance every once in a while in the pay-to-park-all-day lot north-west of the parkblocks... its black... prolly 6" of lift, rear diff has a chromed (or polished aluminum i guess) cover... 2nd gen.. prolly mid 80s. never got a really good look at it. if no one ownz up, maybe I'll go check it out next time i see it! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I dont think its yours J... its much taller than the images, had its front wheels and its hard top on. But if your in the neighborhood, you can drive by it, its literally sitting on (facing) Burton road, a few blocks east of 98th.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'ts not J's and it's nobody on here....I live about a mile from it, nice rig though.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

The guy's name is John. Nope, he's not on this site. He has built some pretty bad @ss rigs and knows what he's doing. He is the neighbor of a guy I work with. He doesn't go online at all, hate computers. He wheels the hell out of his trucks though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif He seems to be a nice guy.