Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Busch won nextel cup

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84k5, Nov 21, 2004.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Damn I wish jimmie could have caught biffle.

2. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Biffle was hooked up. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If jr. ain't winnin' it's a waste of time to watch anyway.

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Spoiler! I didn't watch the race yet!!

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We produce a lot of good race car drivers here in Las Vegas. Brendan Gaughan, also from Las Vegas, in the #77 Kodak car came in 6th place. Wait until Kyle Bush steps up to a perminant ride in NASCAR cup racing.

Bush got lucky as hell that when his tire came off it rolled out onto the track, thus bringing out the Yellow flag, which saved him from goung a lap or two down.

6. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Damn I wish jimmie could have caught biffle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.

[ QUOTE ]
    Bush got lucky as hell that when his tire came off it rolled out onto the trck, thus bringing out the Yellow flag

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy has had the best luck this year. I really don't like any of the non-GM drivers in the top ten, and I can't stand Kurt Busch. I will, however, root for Kyle.

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

stupid rubber head, why one of the hendrik guys have one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

All them cautions , and the wrong cars weren't wrecked ( damn 97 , 48 , 24 ) . I really wanted Jr this season , but hell I would of took Martin over Busch too . Oh well , next year will be my year , Detroit vs. AZ in Baseball , and Jr over everybody in Cup racin' . Other popular sports I can't relate to /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 1-ton

I cannot believe how many Dale Jr. fans there are. I like him more than his dad, but I do not understand the overwhelming appeal he has with NASCAR fans.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I cannot believe how many Dale Jr. fans there are. I like him more than his dad, but I do not understand the overwhelming appeal he has with NASCAR fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without the Intimidator on the track, it's almost pointless to watch. We see a little of dale in his son and that's why we watch.

I can count on one hand how many laps I've watched since Dale died prior to today. I felt that I should finally get to watching again, because Jr. had a chance, so I watched, and sadly, Jr. was dragging ass today.

11. 1-ton

I remember when everybody hated Dale Sr., but when he was killed a Daytona suddenly everybody loved him. Why the sudden change of heart by NASCAR fans? I can remember NASCAR fans in the stands holding up signs that read "anybody but Earnhardt" in the early 90's.

I remember Dale Sr. having a bit of a Tony Stewart complex because when he would drive aggressively Dale Sr. felt it was OK, but when somebody was aggressive with him, he would complain bitterly about it, and hurl insults (or even fists) at any driver that dared take him on. This is what caused many NASCAR fans to not like Dale Sr.

One of the situations that caused NASCAR fans not to like Dale Sr. was when he aggressively took out Harry Gant (who was a very well liked driver) by spinning him out back in the late 80's, and Gant hardly said a word about it, but when Gant got Earnhardt back the exact same way Dale Sr. went flying into Gant's pits at the end of the race swinging fists trying to punch Gant. Dale Sr. was not considered to have the most sportsmen like attitude.

I like Dale Jr. a whole lot more than I liked his Father. Dale Jr.is a whole lot more laid back than his dad was. People try to say he is like his Father, but I have spent some time around Dale Sr. when he first went back to driving for RCR in 1984. Dale Sr. hardly ever smiled or joked around. He was a somewhat cantankerous, grouchy person, and I can tell you Dale Jr. is nothing like his Father.

12. pauly383

I was a Sr fan first , most of my collection ( probably a good 5 grand worth now ) pre-dates his death . I was a fan for 3 reasons : 1. he drove his a$$ off , sometimes with less than capable equipment . 2. He was the Goodwrench car , I.E "The" Factory backed car . 3. I can look up to someone like myself , with less than rich roots , that made his OWN his way in the world doing what he loved to do /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. pauly383

This is how big a fan I am :

Ceiling fan
    [​IMG]
    Wall
    [​IMG]
    Wall
    [​IMG]
    Shelf
    [​IMG]
    Shelf
    [​IMG]

14. 1-ton

the only Earnhardt stuff I have are some promotional hand-outs from 1986 and 87 when he was sponsored by Wrangler.

[​IMG]

The first NASCAR race I ever attended was the road course race at Riverside California Speedway (now long gone) in 1982.

15. pauly383

Thats one of the prettiest cars ever made , Aerocoupes were the chit . I don't have too much older stuff yet . I started back into die cast in earnest around 1998 , prior to that I was still in my 20something stage and partied a lot . I settled down and started collecting everything I couldn't , or didn't have when I was young . I actually had to slow down , I literally spent enough to build a bad a$$ truck if I add all the initial costs up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. 1-ton

When I went to my first NASCAR race I was 22, and I partied too, but I did my partying at the race track. 5 cases of beer on ice, and 42 cars coming through first turn make for a great party. I have spent so much time at race tracks that they are like a "home away from home" for me.

17. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

This is probably going a little far back for some of you,but DW was the intimidator of the '70s... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif