Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BUSH IS PRESIDENT!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Shawn, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

It's 12:30 am MST and they just announced Bush is president. [​IMG]

I couldn't leave the TV since it was so close. I loved seeing the faces of all the Gore supporters after that was announced. What a night!

Looks like I'll be staying in the US.[​IMG]

BUSH RULES!

[​IMG]

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]

2. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

AWESOME!! Wow, what a cliffhanger!! There is a God!!

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

3. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Not yet

not to rain on your parade but if gore gets florida,which is still unkown for a fact, then he will win.

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Re: Not yet

Yeah, I know. This was only the projected winner and it could go either way now. Talk about a nail biter!

COME ON FLORIDA!

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods[​IMG]

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Man, I'm from the East Coast, and I was up till 3AM and saw that announcement too. Got real happy. Jumped up and gave hi fives all around and then went to bed. Woke up at 8am to get ready for work and hear that they are doing a recount in FL. Man, I'm hurtin physically (lack of snooze) and mentally right now. I really hope Bush takes it though. I'm praying right now.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

6. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

We are still very positive that he will win... could go either way, but I think Gore should just have suceeded with grace and let GW have his moment...guess we just have to wait now. UUUGHGHHHHH!

http://www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Hey BOSS - I did the same thing - stayed up till 2am (way past my bedtime - old fart here)!!!! My stomach has been in a knot since I got home from work yesterday and started watching the returns. I'll tell ya - the media really screwed up by calling FL early - especially CNN!

At least KY went the "right" way!!!

GO BUSH!!!!!!!!

behemoth K5

8. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was sitting at home at 6:30 and Tom Brokaw is saying that the polls are closed in Florida and that Gore had it.
    They seem to have forgotten the very conservative panhandle and that they are in the Central Time Zone, DUH!
    I have no doubt that with all of the military folks that are doing absentee balloting that Bush's lead of around 1,700 votes will increase greatly.
    First time being from Florida got me any recognition!!

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

9. tom

tom 1/2 ton status

Hope the military pulls throught for us. Get behind a Bush or get Gored.

10. I'm from Tenn and live in ohio at the moment.And both places I call home went the right way!!!Now if florida would hurry up and count!!I think I'm with Shawn if gore wins canada sounds pretty good.Not that there is anything wrong with canada.I just wish all the [censored] would leave are land and guns alone here in the states!!Hell I thought thats what freedom was!!

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

12. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

Oregon isnt going to be the deciding factor... it is all on FL...I heard they may have the votes re-counted a little after noon today... gosh I hope so, Austin is all in knots today! I think your right about the military vote, should make Bush way out in lead soon...

http://www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com

13. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

THis is rediculous, we are a all mail in state, allthough a lot of people wait until the last day to turn in their ballots by hand, I am pulling my hair out, (guess I won't be needing that haircut)[​IMG]
    Dan
    PS. even if bush gets office we need to be diplomatic but firm about our wishes for our land, freedom, and rights.
    If Gore wins we need to do a 4 year non stop bombardment of letters, e-mails and phone calls as a united OHV community

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

14. Boss

Man, Florida needs to show some Heart (sports term) and pull through for us. I can barely concentrate on my work right now, this is all I'm thinking about.
    I was thinking, if Tennessee (Gores home state), went against him, then he seriously must be a bum. I mean, they know him best and went against him. Imagine if TX went against Bush...Anyways, I was just thinking about that. Still praying though.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

15. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

It sure felt good when they announced Bush as the winner. I hope we get to enjoy that feeling again. The reality is that the Florida vote is so close, it is going to take some time to determine the outcome. I heard on the news that there are aproximately 2200 absentee ballots that are expeccted from overseas. If postmarked by 11/7, they have 10 days to arrive and be counted. At the time of this post, CNN reported Bush ahead by 1800 votes.
    Then will irregularities be be challenged? The Gore campaign will leave no stone unturned. It could end up in court. One thing for sure, this is one for the history books.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

16. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

"No stone unturned" is an UNDERSTATEMENT!! Especially since algore holds the popular vote by like 300,000 votes...and all these STUPID people out here in Kalifornia voted Demo...GOD THAT PISSES ME OFF!!!! AND GUESS WHAT ELSE?? WE ARE STUCK WITH THE FRIGGING TREE-HUGGING, GUN-GRABBING FEINSTEIN AS A SENATOR ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!! AAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

ken

17. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

It makes you wonder how much the early announcement that Gore was projected to win Florida impacted Republican votes on the West coast. It problably didn't impact the electoral vote but it could have made a difference in the popular vote from the West. To tie this back to land/rights issues, take a look at the total number of states that Bush carried and the total U.S. land area associated with those states as compared to Gore. It's 2 to 1 in favor of Bush. To me this clearly supports the Republican ideal that the there should be much more control at the State level than at the National level....

With Fingers Crossed!

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP

18. Boss

Did yall hear about those people in Florida (about 3,000) that voted for Buchannan, but was suppose to vote for Gore, but they claimed the Ballot was too hard to read??? What's up with that? Do those people get to vote again? I sure hope not.
    Boss

[​IMG]

19. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

No.. the Dumbasses don't get to vote again. The Lawyers stated that the Ballots were greatly exaggerated.. So let's just hope all those absentee voters voted Bush. Which if they are Military people that voted, Bush should have most of them.

It's better to have it than to need it, than to need it and not have it !!!!

20. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Here's the REAL BOTTOM-LINE....more democrat tirty tricks. But guess what? It's not enough, Bush won. Whether it's electoral or not, a win is a win (take it from a Charger fan!LOL). Mr. Al Malosevic is just in denial!!!! "But daddy said I was born to be president!", ya, and you're daddy probably would have voted for hillary too! BBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!