Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bush opens backcountry trails to vehicles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77fixer, Jan 3, 2003.

1. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And it's in our Land Use forum here also. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

there are a lot of area's that were opened that the enviromentalists have recently gotten closed. however, I believe these wilderness area's should be protected. I don't know how many of you live close enough to the wilderness area's to actually use them.

there is a lot of forest land that is not wilderness area, and plenty for us off-road enthusiasts. however, it is also nice to still have area's that are not easy to access so everybody doesn't go there. it's nice to be able to see nature in it's element, and still have better fishing area's because they are not accessible.

if every place is easily accessible then a lot of things will change, and not neccessarily for the positive. give us the area's that have been closed off, but leave the wilderness area's as they are.

all right - I'll be honest... I believe this way mostly for the better fishing... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The way they make it sound will get us in trouble. We need to protect historical areas and most wheelers and clubs know this.

And I wonder how quickly the 'new' people to off-roading will f' up some monument or feature......

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

the problem never has been the true off-roaders... it's the morons that ruin it for all of us. how many teenagers can you see taking advantage of this & heading into the wilderness area's on their motorbikes? they already get visited a lot on snow machines in the winter.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Last spring alot of the trails in the Black Hills National Forest got blocked off. I'd really like to see them all be reopened. Mainly so I can see where they go. I enjoy exploring the hills looking for old ghost towns, and miner sites.