Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bushing for cage to frame mount

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Dec 10, 2006.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

As I'm ramping up to have a cage fabbed, I'm trying to see what I have for options to tie the cage into the frame. Is there a preferred poly bushing, or will any tube-style busing do the job? I will be using 1.75" DOM and probably will go with something similar to these:

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=433&cat=551&page=1

Any thoughts?

t_433.jpeg

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

why not just weld it to the frame or solid bolt it? I guess you could use that method but I dont see the necessity and the added cost of how many of those you would need to actually make it safe probably will add alot to the overall cost of the cage build. using bushimgs for the seat mounts I can see but not the whole cage.

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

If I weld the cage directly to the frame, won't I have issues with the body moving around the cage?

I'n just trying to figure out what the best option is, without opening too much of the cage debate that I've seen in the past.

The shop doing the install builds jeep chassis', so I trust their work.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I just welded mine to the frame, then have sandwich plates at the body. My body does not move one bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Like your factory body mounts; if you still have rubber or polyurethane as part of your factory body mounts then you're right on the money.

BUT, if there is NO rubber or polyurethane but direct weld or bolted, then do what the others have suggested.

And yes, same polyurethane bushings as leaf springs.