Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bushing on --- top off

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, Apr 1, 2003.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Greetings all - I got the body bushings on -- only had to go back and make one adjustment -- had to add a couple of shims to get the drivers door to close the way I wanted it. I think a couple of shims must have fallen out or rusted away a year or two back -- thats when the door got harder to get closed. I pulled the top off and am ready to start the process to give it a cheap and easy weekend paint job.

I've just about decided on white - possibly with black bed liner material from the lower body line down......

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Keep it yellow,mine was the same yellow, I just put Hummer yellow on it and it's very close to the original color...well sort of...

[​IMG]

3. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

My dad painted his S-10 with Herculiner from the lower door and down and then painted OVER it with the regular color. It gives it that 'factory undercoat' look. I am thinking about doing the same thing, only issue is rust will eventually come back and I don't want to clean that stuff off when repairing.

I have to admit baby poop is the ugliest color they did imho, and I would switch too! That yellow hummer color looks nice, white will be the easiest since it shows almost zero dents or imperfections!

I am hoping to put my new poly body mounts on soon, next 3 weeks! I may have to shoot you some emails when I do if I run into snags!

Sam

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

putting the under coat on and painting over it sounds like a great ideal...didn't think about that, I'm going to paint the lower half of the truck with Line-x and follow the line from the front to back, even that 1" inch wide strip over the wheels

5. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

There are several spray on liners that can be color matched rather than painting it. The color would be all the way through and won't flake off. I don't know if there are any roll on liners that can be color matched.

6. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I was at the Seattle auto show a few years back and looked at a spray on bedliner.I think it was a Heculiner vender.Anyway he said nowadays you cazn have any color you want,color matching your truck isn't a problem,it just costs ALOT more that a black bedliner.

7. mountainibis

mountainibis Registered Member

I looked into putting spray-on liner for the lower rear panels of my pick-up with a color match. Everywhere I went told me that the colors would match at first, but then would fade after hitting sun, salt, possum, and anything else your tires decide to kick up.

8. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I've got Herculiner on my brush guard - been there for about 2 years with one second coat a few months ago. It fades to a demi-gloss real quick, but I have had no problems with it coming off. I figured semi-gloss on the bottom might work.

Been going back and forth on the yellow, white... no yellow, okay white..... and on it goes.

9. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

yellow...

[​IMG]