Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bushing question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5DRAGER, Aug 23, 2003.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Getting ready to lift my 88 crewcab and they list 3 different sizes of bushings that where used on my rear leaf springs. I was just wondering if there is an easy way to measure them while they are still on the truck. That way I'm not waiting around for bushings to show up while my truck is torn apart.

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I don't think so. If the bushings are in the spring all the way like they should be that would be hard to measure.

3. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

which bushing size are you looking for? Are you replacing the stock leaf spring bushings or are you replacing the rear leafs as well? every time i bought a new set of leaf springs they came with bushings and they only needed to know the size of the bolt, which i was told there are 2 different sizes for the front only.
    anyway, new leafs should come with bushings.
    Good luck.

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

I'm replaceing the stock bushings in the rear springs. I'm going to use a 4 inch block in the back so I can retain my one ton leaf packs.