Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bushing questions

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by afroman006, May 11, 2005.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I built a custom engine crossmember on my truck to use 1 1/2" bushings. I was wondering if ORD had any bushings available that were softer than their urethane suspension ones. I built my motor mounts out of 2" 1/4 wall round tube stuck on some 2" 1/4 wall square tube. They will be for a 6.2L diesel.

Also, what are the bushing sizes for a set or 56" rear springs off a 84 chevy 3/4 ton? How about a set of 63" rears from a 91 C/K series 1 ton dually? I looked on the website and it said the 1 tons are unpredictable but I'm just wondering. I am definately going to measure before ordering anything though, the last time I didnt and ended up getting the wrong sized bushings twice before finally getting the right ones.

Also, are the urethane transmission mounts the same height as factory ones? I am shooting for the flattest belly possible and am going to build a custom crossmember for it. Thanks.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We might be able to special order some softer compound bushings but I'm not sure you could tell a big difference. If you want to try, we could take a look at it.
    For the 56's, you'll probably have a 1.75 front eye and 1.5" eyes on the rear of the spring. The IFS truck springs should have about a 1.7" eye front and rear.
    Urethane replacement t-case mounts should be very close to the same height as stock, at least new stock. They tend to shrink as they get older.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Well I already ordered the bushings so its all good. It turns out I already had a bag of 1.5" ones layin around from something else but oh well. You are right about the 3/4 ton springs, they were indeed 1.75 and 1.5. I decided to wait on ordering the 63" bushings so I can make sure I get the right ones. Is the 1.7ish one the metric size?

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, technically they're 1.705 but the spring eye is probably closer to 1.7".