Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bushing size for echobit flip? and other size questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, Aug 12, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Sep 12, 2001
    My buddy has an 88 k5 that has a 4inch lift...
    I'm helping him install an echobit bolt-on shackle flip this weekend. His rear shackle will need new bushings (WHAT SIZE ARE THEY?)...We also plan on installing the ORD h/d shackle for his front suspension. What size bushings are needed for the frame side if the shackle? OH, and does anyone know what size ubolts are needed on the rear to replace his "made for a 4 inch block" ubolts? How do I measure the bushings that I have to see if I might have some he can use? I'm trying to get a list of stuff to buy before we start... THanks in advance
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    Rear shackles should be 1 3/8", springs should be 1.5"
    Front shackles come with the right bushings so you don't really have to worry about it but they're about 1 1/8".
    The bushing size to measure is the OD of the part that sticks in the spring eye.
    The ubolts should just be a stock length set but you can measure what you have and delete the 4" from the block and have the new measurement.
  3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

May 30, 2001
    Try 8" long U bolts for him. 3" for 1/2 ton rears, 3 3/8" for 3/4 or 1 ton rear.