Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bushwacker cut out flares

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Cheyenne, Jul 31, 2000.

1. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

How much clearance do you gain with the Bushwacker cutout flares, the folks at Bushwacker would only give me the mounting dimmensions . I was just wondering if this would be a good alternative to a body lift.
    thanks

<font color=orange>1979 BLAZER Cheyenne[​IMG]

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Ask Gold Rush, he has flares on his 4" lifted rig with 36" tires that clear real good.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

4. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I have 4" superlift HD springs in front and no sway bar and 4" Rancho Softride with a 2" block in the rear. Bushwacker cutout flares and 36" Swampers with no problems. I have come to HATE my BW flares! The trails are narrow around here and I have managed to break all of the flares. Squeezing between rocks or trees or just coming off a rock wrong bends and or breaks them into pieces. They were great when I ran the Mud Drag circuit but now that I am rock crawling I wish I didn't have them on. Just my $.02 on the subject.

I had a body shop install them along with new floor boards, rockers,rear quarters,front fenders and hood and hinges so I'm not sure of actual extra clearance but I'm sure it's not more than about an inch or so.

David 75K5

[​IMG] http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com