Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bushwacker Cut outs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LA Bogger, Feb 25, 2001.

1. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

Has anybody filled the hole where the side markers are when installing Bushwacker Cut outs... Is it illegal with out the side markers?????????/

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Eat More Mud!!!

2. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

I had to fill the hole and the I hung marker lights front and rear underneath the flare. I got the smallest ones I could find but they are required by law here in VA.check them out here. http://www.angelfire.com/trek/blazer

3. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

yes, it is illegal to run without side markers.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My 82 K30 has cut-outs and they just cover over half the light. Still work and the little gap from going over the light is hardly noticable. I have heard several different laws on the side lights. One of the main ones is as long as the front turn signals work, it dont matter about the side ones. Same goes for the rear. You may need to check with state laws on this. To save time, drop a private message to Depdog or Goose since they are cops and can tell you better info.

5. bigerik

bigerik 1/2 ton status

I seriously regret putting Bushwacker Cutouts on my 2 trucks. After spending hundreds of dollars on flares and alot of labor, they just broke when I went wheelin'. I soon realized that these are not sturdy enough for tree/rock impacts, and I took them off and tossed them. I then had a hundred little holes to patch. I prefer to just trim the fenders way back and let the tires stick out; the police haven't said anything.