Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bushwacker Cutout Install Pics *Updated*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

http://www.polariswebdesign.com/bushwacker.htm
    Check it out! I learned how to use a Sawzall, an air nibbler, and a rivet gun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Good stuff! I do have to say though, I paid only $150 for all 4 and no shipping. If I had paid over $300 like most people and shipping, I would have been sorely disappointed. They are just simple pieces of plastic and don't seem very heavy duty. For the amount of work to install and the fact that they'll probably get trashed by fall with trail rash, they are not worth the money. For now, they look better than the rust I am dealing with!

Update 3/24/03 - fronts are done! Here is the after pic:
    [​IMG]
    Better than the rusty holes look, but needs more width in the tire area. Does anyone know if a 14 bolt rear out of a pickup will put a little more width back there?

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Bushwacker Cutout Install Pics

Whered you get em so cheaP?

You probably dont like the look, becuase your tires are too damn small.
    I know a guy running 35x16 boggers wiht cutouts and they look killer.

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

You are absolutely right on the tires too small. They are darn near new, too! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif still have the nubbies on the sides.

I got them through a raffle. Bushwacker was kind enough to donate a set of 4!

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I am going 6" lift and 37x12.50s I would like to run Flares cause I love the look and would like the clearance but I am not sure about the look with 12.50 wide tires. Would need to space my rear out too. Nothing looks worse than a fenderflare that isn't needed(tires set in the fenderwell). WEll maybe rust looks worse /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

You are absolutely right on the look of a fenderflare that isn't needed /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but it really is better than rust! The new look is growing on me. Maybe this weekend I can do the front. Some kind soul dropped off 2 8-bolt rims for my near future axle upgrade yesterday. That ought to stick them out a little further. The rims are 15x10. When I get bigger tires they will definitely be fatter that what I have now (12.50).

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Looks nice Andrea. That blazer is coming along nicely. Now, while the hubby isn't looking, steal the axles and tires from the other toy and get to work /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Thanks Kyle! Funny thing is, I've been threatening to steal the axles off his truck... I've been calling it my parts truck. It's been down since last October. He has 1 more month to get it together! Engine, tranny, and case are out. 2 broken axles shafts yet. Pretty sad /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks Kyle! Funny thing is, I've been threatening to steal the axles off his truck... I've been calling it my parts truck. It's been down since last October. He has 1 more month to get it together! Engine, tranny, and case are out. 2 broken axles shafts yet. Pretty sad /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Put it on jackstands and get on it. It will push him to get the axles he's been wanting, and you get to upgrade /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif As long as they are sitting under his truck, his feet will drag /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I know for a fact I can have the axles out of my truck in less than an hour. By the time he gets home from work, you can be driving around the block. BTW, I had to do nothing to my rear driveshaft in my 89 other than the funky u-joint. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

ttt - project complete w/ new photo! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know if a 14 bolt rear out of a pickup will put a little more width back there?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need too find one out of a Van to add more width. Then it will still only match your front track width. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

And you have to relocate the spring perches on the van axle

12. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Makes the truck look totally different, I like it!

13. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Thanks and by the way, I can't wait to see that pickup tailgate thing! I happento have an extra gate here that is in beautiful condition. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I don't think it looks bad but I do think it would look better with bigger meats! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

15. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Are you planning on staying for all 3 days of the spring fling? I'm hoping to atleast make saturday. My tailgate thing is nothing special, just an easy swap!