Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bushwacker cutout template?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevy_tuff, Apr 11, 2004.

1. chevy_tuff

chevy_tuff Registered Member

hey, i own a 1980 chev, and have bushwacker cutout fender flares. i have a problem though. i bought a new box for my truck and lost the template to see how much sheetmetal i have to cut. does anyone know where i could get a new template, or know the dimensions of metal i need to cut. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Call Bushwacker and ask them for another one. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Maybe they'll send you one. Cant hurt to ask.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

They have templates? The set I bought for my truck didn't have a template. The instructions said to just hold the fender flare to the truck and use a pen to mark where you cut... The flare was the template.

4. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They have templates? The set I bought for my truck didn't have a template. The instructions said to just hold the fender flare to the truck and use a pen to mark where you cut... The flare was the template.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, that's just common sense.

In any event, cut 3" off the fender at the sides. Leave the top of the fender alone.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They have templates? The set I bought for my truck didn't have a template.

[/ QUOTE ]

The front ones I bought didn't have em either.

6. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, that's just common sense.

In any event, cut 3" off the fender at the sides. Leave the top of the fender alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you cut 3" off each side but dont touch the top? Im gonna have to get a set soon too.. so this is good to know... also i guess we are all talking about the cutout fender flares? or do they have different types? I need something that is gonna stick out a few inches as my tires are wide.. and have to be tucked for NJ inspection...