Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bushwacker fender cutouts

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by ThaMule, Jan 25, 2007.

1. ThaMule

ThaMule Mursenary

does installing bushwacker fender cut-outs give you anymore clearance or should i just go ahead and trim the fenders. just trying to get that factory look.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It gives you about 2 1/2 inches more clearance front and back, but none on the top of the fenderwell.

3. CUCV2

CUCV2 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Inner Fender

Is the inner fender remain intact or is it modified as well? Pics of the cutout process would be nice.

4. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

I would say just cut the fenders out neatly and dont waste the money on the bushwacker flares, i purchased years ago for my blazer and they look good but dont really hold up well, i know i have had read several post on people either wishing they had not put them on or has had experience with them, its personal prefernce though, they are tons of pic of cut out fenders on here and even a nice pic/measurement guide floating around. its you truck you do what you want though. just my 2 cents

5. CUCV2

CUCV2 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Trimming

Thanks for the input. I did some minor trimming already and my main concern is rust up here in the rust belt. The trimming kind of opened it up to be a rust catcher. I may just fill the gaps with some bondo, touch it up and call it good.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I filled the gaps with "great stuff" foam sealant, painted them and then put the flares on.