Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bushwacker Fender Cutouts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DieselDan, Feb 1, 2001.

1. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Jan 27, 2001
    I want/need to run cutouts on my Jimmy. I'ld like to hear from those who've got cutout flares as to how much clearance they gained (how much lift vs. tire they run).

Thanks for those who take time to respond.
  2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Jan 12, 2001
    My 82 K30 has cut-outs. It rides on 6" Tuff Country lift and thats it. The tires are 39" Mickey Thompsons. The flares dont improve the clearance going up, but rather forward and backwards. In other words, they move the openings to the front and back, thats all. They do not move the openings up. They do work good. I am currently in the planning stages to get a new lift and eliminate the flares. I want to be able to throw mud better than now. The flares prevent too much mud from flying. I will have to get new fenders and new bed or bed sides to bring it back to normal. Just make sure if you plan on keeping the flares, you are stuck with mangled sheetmetal once you cut them.
  3. I have been running them on my Burb for at least 3 year I must say that they are awesome looking, but can't take much abuse. I have both front ones cracked or missing pieces. Damn 44" Boggers !! They open up the fender well alot(front to rear), but give it more width, ie. more fender sticking out to hit with wider tires, but gives you that bigger hole to stick a tire into.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!
  4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

May 31, 2000
    The ones I've seen on GM's running tight trails in Colorado have all been broken. Those flares don't like to meet rocks, trees, etc. [​IMG] If you run mud and don't have to worry about rubbing the flares against something, then they would probably work much better.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>