Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Busniess Logo Help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BurbLover, May 4, 2004.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Okay, so I met with my attorney today to get my S-corp set up. Now, the next step is to get a logo for lawn care/snow business that I can put on vehicles, trailers, business cards, & letterhead.

Need to be:
    - Simple
    - 1 or 2 colors (prefer green)
    - not too much detail doe to bus. cards.

I was thinking something cartoonish, with a snow plow on a lawnmower, but not sure. Anyone know where I can get some ideas or other logos that I can use without getting into legal trouble.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm part of a family sign business so I will give you my opinion.

I'm not too familiar with the sign shops in the Springs, but we are always happy to work with a customer on coming up with a logo for their business. It is a lot easier to have the logo designed by the company who will be doing the work. Sometimes I really dread it when someone brings in a home designed logo. Any good shop should have tons of clipart. Any clipart they have will be available for use by anyone.

Watch out for some sign shops that will charge a big design fee and if you don't like what they come up with, you have to pay for a redesign.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Just for a little more info, our shop is located in Greeley and we've been around since 1962.

3. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

I think that the snowplow lawmmower sounds pretty cool. Oh, maybe like a pic of frosty the snow man mowing his lawn....maybe? "Rain or snow, we'll mow and blow." /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif or "Were not like the pool boy, we plow your driveway, not your wife." /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

okay, ill stop......

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "Were not like the pool boy, we plow your driveway, not your wife." /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Since my wife will be co-owner, I'm not sure that would be appropriate!!

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I agree, I own my own business and my sign guy has always been very helpful with signage logos etc., talk to a sign company about getting magnetics for your work truck and trailer and tell them you want some logo suggestions. As long as you have not entered into a written contract with them they can't charge you for working on a logo. You may also want to look online for clip art, there may be something there you can use.

Good Luck with your business! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif