Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Busted 14 Bolt... Busted 4l80e...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by willyswanter, Jun 11, 2003.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looking for a junk, bent, busted, warped, cracked, whatever 14 bolt FF rear. Basically just need the pumpkin but could take the whole thing, preferably in so cal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh and same as above but a 4l80e tranny, just has to have a good case, need it for mockup.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a good 3/4 ton 14 bolt housing with no carrier. There was even a post about someone flying into Portland and driving back with a flatbed not too long ago... Not sure if that trip has been made yet. But I would like $50 plus the ride for the bare housing.

3. willyswanter

Well to be honost I would rather find something broken and/or unusable... I'm going to be cutting it up looking at different clearancing options and it definately won't be usable in the end, wouldn't want to destroy something someone could get some use out of...

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Not a problem but probably hard to find one that is broken /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. bigbadburb

bigbadburb 1/2 ton status

i have a 4l80e that was in like a 94 diesel crewcab from what i understand it started to slip in 3rd and 4th but was still driving. I paid 300 and would sell for the same and throw in a 14 bolt pumpkin that has the tubes cut off.

6. bigbadburb

bigbadburb 1/2 ton status

i would also maybe consider some trading with some of your products. Are you going to make those steering arms for ford 60s and chevy?

7. willyswanter

The CNC machine is still down since the power supply for it is MIA with UPS. So no fancy parts yet, but whenever it gets straightened out they will be made for Ford and GM 60's. Hi-Steer and normal.

Anyway, how much do you think freight would be? Would you be willing to cut the 4l80e case so the shipping would be way cheaper?