Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

busted bolt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Sep 29, 2006.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

k so my front drive shaft u joint on the pinion i snapped a bolot off in the hole and am wondering wht to do since i need to go 4x4in soon should i just drill it out and find those other ujoint holders that look like u bolts?

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Buy a new one, get another out of a junkyard, great time to upgrade to 1350 u-joints. Drilling it out will take forever and be a PIA!! I would rather spend $10-$20 for one from the boneyard. Back when I had my 81 K5 I had an extra somewhere in the garage.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

that should be a ubolt style hold down right. if the yoke is o.k. just get new ubolts . and if the old one is stuck in the hole tap it out with a punch and hamer. might need to heat it up if rusted a bit. but dont get to hot as you might hurn the seal.

if possible take a pic and post it up to lok at for best idea .

4. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

thanks for the responses guys :bow: i found a used yoke piece for $30 at my local driveline place now what size is that bolt and whats the torque on it? i dont have a socet that big so if i gotta buy one then so be it , or maybe that guy down the alley with the dumptruck will have a huge socket set :rolleyes: anyways during runing around today my rad started to pee at the fan so i tryed one of thoses fix it in a bottle solutions and its now more of a pour lol so found a new rad for $250 with the tranny cooler in it too anyways thanks for any info