Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Busted driveshaft on my Jimmy!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, May 12, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

On the way down the highway, I heard somewhat of a loud bang and then clanking followed by a bunch of bangs on the floor board!! I knew exactly what it was........the rear driveshaft!! As most of you know, I just put a 6" lift on my Jimmy and was actually getting ready to get a longer driveshaft.......looks like i need one really bad now eh?!?! How much should I get it lengthened?? Should I add about 2" or what?? The guys said they would build me a new one, but how much longer than the stock one should it be?? Thanks a lot guys. The bad thing is......I wasn't even off-roading!!! AHHHH HORSE SH!T!!

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)

2. Black89k5

Black89k5 Registered Member

where did u drive shaft come off at??? the transfer?? If it did then check your tansfer cause it might be binding up mine did the same thing and threw 2 driveshafts of in 2 days and it sucks.

3. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Well... the guys who build them should know exactly what length you need, I needed my shaft for my Iroc after the engine swap I just took it to the shop and after about a day and a half and $125, I had my new shaft I didn't even had to worry about the length I guess they measured it to the exact fit, good luck I also need to have one made for my rig.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!