Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Butcher Jones - questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ79K5Project, Mar 22, 2007.

1. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I ran a local trail (Butcher Jones) with a buddy today. The thing flexed pretty well considering blocks still on the back. The shackle flip is on the garage floor.

image0002 (Large).jpg

image0003 (Large).jpg

image0004 (Large).jpg

I had serious tire rub on the left front wheel well - rear edge of front well only and slight rub on the right side wheel well. I wouldn't think I'd have to trim with 33's.
    P1010996 (Large).JPG

On the drive back, the thing pulled real bad to the left on braking and then it went away. All new brakes and new MC.

I got it back in the driveway and noticed that the thing wasn't sitting level. I measured it and found that the right rear sat 1 1/2 inches lower then the left rear.

Any ideas?

image0002 (Large).jpg

image0003 (Large).jpg

image0004 (Large).jpg

P1010996 (Large).JPG

2. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Besides a bent spring or a stuck shackle: frame flex/tweak? I know every time I'm out there my entire truck moans and groans.

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

mine seems to do weird things on the way out from there all the time too, Usually clears up and drives fine alittle while later...

that is actually a pretty mild area to "wheel" at considering where the guys have taken me in the past.:crazy: :D

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Time to break out the sawzall. 33's will rub under hard flexing. Rubbing isn't terrible as long as there isn't any lips for the tires to catch on. I rub a decent amount with my 37's and 4" lift but I have cut all the lips back where it only rubs on the flat parts of the inner fenders.

Harley

5. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I was a little concerned for that very reason. I'll be cutting... This was the first test of the truck.

The carb hiccuped on one of the steeper hills going up. I tried to bounce over a bump without too much right foot. It sputtered a little but stayed running.

That truck got a little warm inside with the top on.

This was a fun little hill - a little damage to the exhaust that used to extend out by about 1/2 inch:

DSC_0018 (Medium).JPG

Overall I was pretty happy with the performance and flex of it of my truck. We were both testing the trrucks a little. He's heading up to Moab with his J@@P.

P1010964 (Large).JPG

The best part of the trip for my five year old was getting to throw rocks in the water. Good times.

P1010953 (Large).JPG

DSC_0018 (Medium).JPG

P1010964 (Large).JPG

P1010953 (Large).JPG