Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Butterfly Effect...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I forgot it was coming out yesterday... I was walking around super Wal Mart in Laramie and saw a sign for it... No cash on me and they don't accept out of town checks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif:(:(:( So I'm on my way to Target to pick it up /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

good movie /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i just got done watching it like 5min ago it is a awesome movie /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

just finished watching it and it comes with both the version from theaters and the Director's cut with an alternate ending but the alternate ending sucks big time the original rocks though i really like that movie. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Definatley kutchers best work next to Punkd /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. bigcountryk5

[ QUOTE ]
    Definatley kutchers best work next to Punkd

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he rocks on that 70's show as well. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I just got done watching the Directors cut myself... The ending was alright... I didn't really care for the original ending either... But whatever, still my favorite movie /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

yeah 70's show is good too but not alot of that is kutcher

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about "Dude, wheres my car" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I just got done watching it a few minutes ago too. Man that is a Fawked up movie. GOOOD though. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about "Dude, wheres my car" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What about NOTHING this guy has EVER done is good... I almost didn't even see the Butterfly Effect in theaters because I haven't liked a single thing that Mr. Kutcher has done... So I waited till it was at the AFB theater and I only had to pay $1.75 and could get nachos /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

And whaddaya know, a complete shocker, Ashton Kutcher has talent after all /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I thought "Just Married" was pretty funny /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

13. bigcountryk5

true that one was good as well

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Great Movie, although I liked the alternate ending a lot better! The original ending is to much like every other movie, not going on for fear of spoiling it.

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Alright ,not trusting any of you /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif, what would you guy's say this movie is comarable with???

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

The Wizard of Oz???

The movie isn't comparable to other movies that I've ever seen... I don't usually watch movies of that genre... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

17. bigcountryk5

don't know of a movie to compare it to but it is a very good movie /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif you'll probably like it

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

FUMES....

I would just like to say that I am VERY disappointed in you... Not seeing the Butterfly Effect yet... sheesh... I figured you would be the first one in line to see it, you and Batman...

na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!!!!!

19. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

That movie was just [darn] sick!

My wife lost a baby a couple years ago and she cried her [darn] eyes out all night after seeing it.
    What kind of sick bastard would kill a baby in his mothers womb and call it entertainment! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What kind of sick bastard would kill a baby in his mothers womb and call it entertainment! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... At the risk of sounding totally insensitive... A good director does...

Take any movie, any movie at all... I'm sure somewhere there's someone who is offended, upset, or otherwise negatively affected by it... A director/producer/writer/whoever has the final say in what is seen and what isn't, can't take out everything that has the potential to bring out an undesired feeling at the end, or there would be no movies or TV... You could even go so far as to get rid of books... What kind of sick bastard writes about ponies and calls it entertainment?

Anyway, I'm sure the director used his better judgement in the final product and there's a reason why the alternate ending is only on the DVD... Probably because so many people can relate to that and would most likely be negatively affected...

All in all, I think it was a pretty good ending /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif