Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. straightBOGGINnMY74

straightBOGGINnMY74 Registered Member

ok...im am currently debating on wether or not to buy a 1974 k5 blkazer. it has a bored out 350 in it and runs fine as far as i can tell...but are there any problems with that year model? the asking price is 4500...gotnew paint, rebuilt 350 has 600 miles but, as usual, interior could use work...is it worth it? if you know of any problems with that year, or have a comment...please post!!!

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Ya need to fill out your profile, so folks know where you are. In California that probably isn't a bad price. But here in Colorado that truck would run ya $1,200-2,000. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. straightBOGGINnMY74

straightBOGGINnMY74 Registered Member

WELL...IT'S ALSO GOT A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF HE WAS TELLIN ME ABOUT...BUT IT WENT IN ONE EAR AND OUT TEH OTHER...I WAS MESMARIZED B/C IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK...IT HAS CUSTOM BUMPERS, A 8,000LB WARN WINCH, AND A BLACK DIAMOND SUSPENSION,AND SOMETHIN ELSE THAT IS "SPECIAL" IN HIS WORDS THAT PEOPLE HAVE OFFERED TO BUY FOR $2,000 ALONE.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Older rigs often have rust .. look at the inside of the wheel wells, and the doorsills. Look underneath.

Without knowing what "special" things you were told, it's hard to say, but even in CA, *I* wouldn't pay four or five grand for it.

Well, if the sheetmetal were perfect and it was 100% factory, or perfectly restored to factory original, I'd pay that kind of money. If it's been modified in any way, though, it's not worth it, IMHO.

Be nice to have more detail.

-- A

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The question should be; Is it worth it to you ??? It's your money. If it didn't have the mods it has, would you do them ??? It's all up to you. Some people wouldn't pay top dollor unless it's in perfect condition and 100% factory original. I personally wouldn't want my truck like that becouse I wouldn't wheel it then. I'm more likely to pay alittle more for a truck with the mods I'd do anyways. That's just my views, others will have different opinions.