Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buy second K5?? Need advice please!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Philly87, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

OK guys I need advice bad. Currently I have an 87 K5 Blazer with a 2.5 inch Rancho susspension lift and 33 in. Mud-Terrains. This is currently a toy and my daily driver is a 91 Chevy S-10. Both of these vehicles are extreamly clean but the S-10 has 188,000 miles on it's 2.8 V6 but it still runs awesome. Here's the twist. I love to play in the sand but I'm within about 50 miles of Las Cruces N.M. where the Good Year/Skyjacker Rock Crawling Nationals are held. Also the Las Cruces Chili Challange that you may have seen in Four Wheeler or Petersons. I would love to start getting into the rock crawling but I can't see cutting into and ruining my 87. My buddy wants to sell his 84 K5 for $2000. It's pretty much a beater but its gor a four inch suspension lift, 3 body, 35 inch Pro Comp Mudders, 4.56 gears with a welded 10 bolt rear and a locked 10 bolt front. He has recipts for over 6 grand in the last year or so. What I'm considering is selling my S-10 and restoring the 87 to my daily driver (which wouldn't take much) and making the 84 my toy? What do you guys think, TWO K5's???!!!

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

3 words for ya. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Everybody needs 2 K5! hehehehe
    SHHHHHHhhhhh Don't tell my wife, I'm wanting a 71-72 K5 2wd to make a street machine out of and get rid of my Supra hehehe.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

It's about time try the rocks phil, id say get it, and when you want to go wheelin give me (danny) or the hispanicPanic(omar)a call, oh yea nad say goodbye to your little friends (10 bolts)but thats whats cool about El P!sshole, 14bolts for $50. p.s. i don't know how much cleaner you want the 87.

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Definately go for it. I didnt own four old chevys at one time for nothin! Man how i wish they were all K5's!(I'd of probably never gotten rid of even my parts truck) Remember these things are becoming collector's items almost. The first-generations are already dreams to own. Shoot, my friends dream of owning a K5 period since I bought mine. Matter of fact I am down to the blazer and a C-10 in my family and after my dad -- who drives the c-10 to pull his trailer and goto the hunting lease while I am away at school-- has seen the k-5 in towing action and at play it wouldnt suprise me if he asks me to sell my c-10 for another blazer! Blazers Kick A$$! Get as many as you can! ALL OF YOU!

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

7. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Yeah me too. I want to make a hot rod out of a '72 2 wheel drive. My wife thinks I'm crazy, and gets mad at me when she thinks about how much I spent on the current project.

Some days I just pray for spontaneous combustion
    <a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/dana60manual>http://photos.yahoo.com/dana60manual</a>

8. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

I'm seriously considering doing this. I have to sit down tonight and play with the money situation but other than that I've pretty much made up my mind I want it if I can swing it. Thanks for the support!!!

Philip

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I've got 3 suburbans ( 2 running, 1 parts) and have been resisting the urge to pick up a 3rd one, or a blazer... I personaly prefer the suburban, cause you can fit just that much more stuff in them, and LWB vehicles kickass. elegedly, you can;t take them as many places as you can a jeep, but I;ve found it to be just the oposite... I can take mine several places jeeps can't go for lack of wheelbase. not only that, but the extra room means my driveshaft doesn't get as short as fast, so i'm on top there too. the only places I can't take my suburban is narrow trails with trees bordering the worst turns, and mall parkinglots. ( the C20 2wd one works out fine in mall parking lots tho)

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Philly....
    It is your duty to get another K5 since my GF will not even let me get more parts for the garage. YOU MUST GET THAT TRUCK! if you doi not, next year when you are watching from the sidelines you will be looking for a tall tree to go with the short piece of rope around your neck [​IMG] trust me...i know from experience....*terrible memories flood back* *shudder*

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

11. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

Damn it Phill theirs not much to think about i mean look at your k5 it is one clean truck. i mean your truck does run fine right? if so then save up your beer money and buy the k5 you wont regrete it and like ScoobyDann said kiss those 10 blts good bye cuz once you go rocks you never go back. [​IMG]

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    DO IT!
    We all need two K5s. A super clean street machine and a slightly
    beat rock crawling machine. If you come with us to Moab next
    year, your clean 87 might not be so clean. (the boys will tempt you).
    If you haven't done much with the 87 don't change it back.
    I'd love to have both street and rock (it would rock!)
    Oh, and you can use the 87 to pull the 84 out there.
    You wouldn't want to do it with the s-10 would you?

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....