Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buyer beware!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by WarrenLovell, Jan 1, 2006.

1. WarrenLovell

WarrenLovell Registered Member

Guys, just a warning. BEWARE of ebayer JOPARTS. He sold me a dash pad for my 1986 Chevy Blazer, listed it for this application. I receive it and find it is for 1973-1980 application. He won't take the part back without me paying for his mistake...I have to pay the shipping and I have to pay his listing fees! He also uses the ebay store ID of Muscle car Heaven. Just a word of warning. His descriptions don't mean a thing.

Warren:mad:

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you got a decent deal on it, you may be better of trying to sell it yourself.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I searched and found one that was sold for around $202 or something, I'd be mad too if it's the same one.

4. WarrenLovell

I just didn't want anyone else to get taken by this idiot. I think you should be a responsible ebayer and stand behind your products (if you are selling as a store). In the very least do a bit of research before you list an item. He still says the dash is correct for all the years 1973 to 1987....here, read: Look at this!!! It is a real GM NOS factory dash pad that can fit all 1973 / 1974 / 1975 / 1976 / 1977 / 1978 / 1979 / 1980 / 1981 / 1982 / 1983 / 1984 / 1985 / 1986 / 1987 Chevrolet / Chevy truck, Suburban, GMC Jimmy or Blazer with or without air conditioning.
    I am going to list it on ebay and hopefully someone that needs a Genuine GM dash pad will bid. Have to say it is a nice pad.

Warren

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

seems like a little research on your part would have been wise before you bought it.

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Did you pay with paypal?

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

agreed.

FWIW, that part will technically fit your application. it wont look like the stock one did, but it will fit. the metal underdash is the same 73-87(91).

8. WarrenLovell

Yes you are right. (I should have researched myself) This was right after I bought the truck and I read his ebay ad. Now that I have read other ebay ads, I see some people WILL list the dash correctly.

Being a parts supplier should also come with a responsibility. He should have listed it as, "It will fit all years mentioned, but is only correct for 1973-1981 etc etc".

On ebay it goes...

Warren out

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The break is 73-80 and 81-87(91) just to further clarify. My '81 had the new style dash pad.

Rene

10. WarrenLovell

Rene,
    I posted another thread for the instrument bezel, but maybe you can tell me if the bezels all fit through the years, aside from differences in having AC.

Warren

11. tRustyK5

The Bezel's all fit that I've found. The big difference was when the wiper controls moved to the stalk which was '84? I know my '81 still has the wiper switch on the dash...

Rene

12. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

i think it was a lil earlier than 84. 82 or 83 maybe?

13. tRustyK5

Not exactly sure, but the current bezel I have is from an '83 C30 diesel (I wanted the glow/water lights) and it has the square hole for the wiper switch on the dash.

Rene

14. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

its a late '82/early '83 bezel IF it was original to that truck. the wiper switch moved to the column in '83

15. tRustyK5

Must have been a late '82 or really early '83 then. It was a fleet truck for coca cola, and was all original. The reg said '83 and the 6.2 was painted black (original and never been out of the truck) The '82 was the intro year for the 6.2 and those blocks were all painted red.

Being a part of fleet order may be why it still had the dash wiper switch. :dunno:

Rene

16. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i had 83 wiper on dash factory.

and report him to ebay as bad seller and wont play nice.

17. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Take this as a good lesson learned, also. There are a LOT of parts on ebay listed as correct for '73-'87. As you learned, there are 'breaks' where a part was redesigned, or changed. A lot of time, the part will 'fit' but it wont be right. That's one reason why CK5 is the $hit. You can do your research here, to make sure you get the right parts, the first time around.

18. WarrenLovell

Well said...I like this forum and you guys are a great help. I wish I had discovered it a while before I bought my M1009.

warren

19. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Thread hijack. Ok, if I have a 76 Blazer, can I swap in the later style pad but keep my bezel and instrument cluster intact? I much prefer the look of the later model pads and door panels. I'd love to swap in a later dash pad and door panels, and paint them to match. I've heard that the doors and under the dash didn't change but I've never confirmed it for sure.

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

DesertRat. yes, the dash pad will bolt right on. if you have AC, you will probably need ducts from an 81+ truck, so that they will reach out far enough. the doors however, are a different story. had your truck been a '77, they would in fact bolt right on. being a '76, you have to change doors to the '77+ doors, as the interior panel that the door panel attaches to is different. also, swapping to a newer pad could cause you some problems, seeing as you will now have a hole where the VIN would normally sit on the metal dash. while the hole itself isnt a big deal at all, Johnny Law may have a problem with there not being a VIN plate behind it.