Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

buying 87 jimmy diesel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5-newf, Jul 13, 2006.

1. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

hey im lookin at buying a 87 jimmy diesel i was just wondering wat areas and problems should i look for before i buy it.
    i know to check the tail pan and the floor in front of the rear pessenger seats.
    one thing i noticed is that the front tries are a size smaller then the back i was told that u can not put it in to 4x4 like this because 1 set of wheels have to work harder then the other 2 im not sure if this is true so anyones info is greatly appreciated
    sry about the noob questions

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I want the Diesel me jelous...... can't help you on wheels but it makes sense. I would prefer a diesel if it is running right they get around 22 mpg on highway from what I am told.

3. Teamstatic2001

Teamstatic2001 Registered Member

Correct If the tires are off a bit. A larger tire covers more ground in one revolution. So if the back tires are larger they would be pushing the front tires.

4. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

IIRC, if they are like an inch or half different it wouldnt hurt much to use 4x4 a little IE test it and stuff like that. Same with if you have different gearing inthe front and rear. The gears can have a little bit of difference like .03 or .3 one of the two lol.