Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

buying a body lift, need help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by deek, May 31, 2003.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

Does anybody have any info about what kind of body lift kit to get, I want a 3". I know of Performance Accessories's but Summit racing also sells a kit of there own, & it's cheeper, i was wanting to go with the summit kit but just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to regret buying cheep. is there anything i should know about simmits kit before i buy? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm changing the subject here now.

I saw you are in Great Bend. I'm 40 miles from you in Ellsworth. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

What do you have for a rig? Tell me more about yourself as who knows, maybe we can get hooked up together. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

a local shop in town who i know the owner of, he swears by performance accessories... and they cost a little more because they are tough... and come with bumper brackets for 98% of the vehicles...

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    a local shop in town who i know the owner of, he swears by performance accessories... and they cost a little more because they are tough... and come with bumper brackets for 98% of the vehicles...

[/ QUOTE ]

But...they don't come with bumper raising brackets for our years of trucks at all. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I checked the Performance Acc. site and they do not list the brackets for our years of rigs at all since most of their kits are for newer trucks, mainly IFS crap. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I just got done putting my 3" Perf. Acces. body lift on my truck and it was damn simple and all the hardware was solid. Definately a good buy for a body lift. I'm not a big body lift fan, but the kit has been sitting around my house for 4yrs and figured it was either going to get used or thrown out. It topped my truck out at 12" total lift, damn......

who's going to want to buy it now?

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I like Summit quite a bit and have spent a TON of $$ with them over my engine rebuilds and such. And there are many times I have purchased the "Summit" brand. We all know it is simply some other manufacturer rebranded. However, there are certain places I try not to cut corners. Specifically brakes, steering, and lifts. The Perf Acc lift from Summit is only about $10-12 more. I have the Perf Acc one and agree that it is solid and and easy to install. That additional cost is cheap compared to the cost you could incur if you had a problem with the lesser one.

7. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I was kinda disappointed when I got the lift I didn't think it was hardly worth the 100 bucks I paid for it. It consisted of 8 lift blocks, 8 long bolts, 8 washers and 8 locking nuts, and the shift linkage which is just a three inch rod the size of a pencil. If I had known better I would have just gone to fourwheel parts and gotten 8 replacement lift blocks for $3.95 each and then gone to the hardware store and bought the bolts, nuts and washers. It would have been alot cheaper. Oh well, thats my 2 cents worth.