Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buying a new Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ncblazer1988, Feb 10, 2007.

1. ncblazer1988

ncblazer1988 Registered Member

Whats up everyone, Im looking to buy a new K5 Blazer, and I've been looking at a few. I was wondering if you think $5,200 is too much for this one?
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/274455406.html

Thanks let me know what you think - Im trying to figure out how many miles are on it but the guy hasn't answered his emails.:confused:

2. sta500666

sta500666 1/2 ton status

I would say if it has never had a rust problem and isn't full of puddy it sounds like I pretty sweet deal and an awesome ride! I would offer him $5,000 cash in hand, and I bet he would take it.

-Good Luck

3. noJeepshere

noJeepshere I Drive Trains! Premium Member

thats a pretty sweet deal there, i just wish it were closer to me, then i'd go pick it up!:D go for it, there arent that many that look like that anymore

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Welcome to the jungle :D !

And that does sound like a reasonable deal.

5. ncblazer1988

Awesome, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. It seems the guy took great care of it, but still wondering how many miles on the engine... How long to the GM 350s usually go? I wanna say between 150-180k miles?

6. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

they can go forever if maintained well and a stock rebuild on a SBC is cheap

7. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Nice looking as a DD, but alot of cash for a stock wheeler. Take a look over here for a third of the money....LINK!

8. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

that suuure is pretty. needs scratches.

9. ncblazer1988

Yea its a pretty truck, last K5 Blazer I tried to convince my dad to loan my money for was nice and rusty (surface rust) with a terrible interior and no A/C, it was $3,500 with 40k miles on teh engine and trans. I thought it looked like an awesome deal, 35" mud tires and a 6" lift. Unfortunatly you know how parents are - my last truck was a 87 bronco with a 351 windsor, it was a P.O.S. and my dad doesnt want me buying another beater, anyway so i found this pretty blazer which appears to have pretty much been restored, hopefully he will enjoy that! Anyway, i find looking at / driving a nice old -school chevy as satisfying as off roading in one. Anyway, how much does it cost to have that 350 rebuilt by a shop? I heard liek $3,000. I could do it myself, but i thikn i would fail terribly and that is NOT an option, since id be totally F***ed :D