Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buying A New Truck ?? 1995 GMC Yukon

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudslinger99, Aug 13, 2005.

1. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Ok here is the deal my wife and I have been looking to buy her a new truck.. We have been looking at Chevy Tahoes and Suburbans between 1996-1998.. But today we came across a 1995 GMC Yukon with 29,000 miles (yes I said 29,000 original miles :D ) It has been garage kept and in excellent condition inside and out.. So here is my questions..

Who here has/does owns a Yukon and what are your experiences with them ?

What major differences between the GMC Yukon and the Chevy Tahoe other then the grill, emblems and the missing bow tie on the steering wheel :( ?

Any and all info and experiences are appreciated..

I guess it's just me but I would rather have a Chevy then a GMC even though they are basically the same :confused: .. I have noticed that Chevy's are priced higher then the GMC's new and used in my area.. I have and still own many Chevy's but I have never owned a GMC..

2. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

Never have owned a 95 GMC Yukon before but have worked on tons of them. I personally like GMC's for DD's because the interior is a little nicer and they have slightly more bells and whistles (some not all). Anyway the only difference between the 95 and the 96 is the engine, the 95 is tbi'd which gives slightly less power but is much more reliable, the 96 was the first year of the vortec engine which like to clogg the poppet nozzels.