Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buying lift-Superlift needs more info...HELP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudstud, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

This is on a 76' Blazer Cheyenne. I'm getting a 6" SuperRide lift. I'm trying to figure out if I can lift the rear using their 2" add-a-leave and 3" block. Superlift thinks I should only have 5 springs in the rear packs. I don't. I have 6 but I don't think the bottom one is an add-a-leaf. At least not like the add-a-leaves that I have ever seen. These are contoured to the rest of the pack. They also tell me that I should have only 2 leafs on the front but I have 3. They told me that if I have more than 3 or 5 then someone has put additional leafs in the springs. I'm not sure I agree with them. I want to make sure I won't be running dual add-a-leaf kits so how can I tell if these really are stock or overloads or add-a-leafs?

One note of interest. My neighbor has a 76 K5 and there are lots of differences between mine and his. His only has 2 and 5 leaf packs is one dif. He's only got a 3 core radiator and mine is a 4 core is another. There are other differences too.

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked

2. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Hot Dog I found the answer myself. I just looked through an LMC catalog and they have rear stock replacement springs with 6 leafs for my year. They also have stock replacement front springs with 3 springs. I knew Superlift was messed up. Thanks anyway guys. I guess I'll call them and let them know they are mistaken.

Anybody ever talk to a guy named Jeff at Superlift? That guy is a major prick. I've had two separate calls with him and he was a smart ass on both calls. He even told me something wrong and I called him on it so he looked it up and I was right. What an ass 'o'!

Mudstud

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have seen quite a few K-series with the 6-leaf packs before.

The front leaves are very available in 2 and 3 leaves. K30's have the 3 leaf's on the fronts.

I know what you mean about the guys on the techline or ordering dept. Some suck, some don't. Really bites the big one when you have to deal with someone who doesn't know jack-[censored] about anything!!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My truck came stock with a heavy duty front suspension package and 3 leaf front springs.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

I know of 3 suspension packages from the factory. 1, 2 springs, 1 set of shocks. 2, quad shocks and 2 springs. 3, 3 spings and quad shocks. But that is just what I've picked up here.

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

6. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys!

Mudstud