Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

buying off e-bay

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by op4, Mar 18, 2005.

1. op4

op4 Newbie

has anyone ever purchased anything diesel related off of e-bay or from an e-bay dealer? Just curious...

op4

I bye all my good stuff from etrdp.com

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I buy all kinds of stuff off Ebay. All I can recomend is ask questions, read thier feedback, and good luck.

3. op4

op4 Newbie

ebay buying

have you ever gotten messed around or anything like that? I was thinking of buying some things and you know the old saying "caveat emptor"...

I bye all my good stuff from etrdp.com

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have bought a number of things off of E-Bay. The main thing when buying parts is to see if the seller is a large distributor of parts. As long as the feedback is good, and they are a large distributor, then most of the time they are good to do business with. Also, check the BBB web sites (both national and local) for complaints on any company you are thinking of doing busines with. It is easy to do on the Internet.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I also look at how long they have been a member. If they have been around for a while and have good feedback I doubt you will have any problems with them.

6. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got ripped off a couple of years ago on a laptop i bought from ebay. Paid for it thru western union. The guy got caught and arrested for wire fraud and a number of other things. So, I got a small check in the mail from him in prison for awhile. LIke the others said, just check out the seller first. I will NOT buy from anybody with less then 10 or 20 feedback regardless of how good of a deal it seems to be. If anything looks suspicious, then walk, not worth the hassle.

7. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I prefer too pay with Pay-Pal. Opt for the insurence and buy back protection.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I buy and sell a lot on Ebay. The only place that has burned me is a seller called

Performance-curve. they still sell a lot of stuff on Ebay and have a store. CROOKS! Dont buy form them! They will take your money and do not ship your product BUYER BEWARE! check their feedback Pass it on.
    Pay pal got my money back but it was a PIA
    Other than that Ebays great. Just check feed back I dont buy from anyone with less that 98% + or little feedback

10. flatline

flatline 1/2 ton status

I just purchased a few things from them and they arrived in a roughly 4 days after I paid for it. I guess you got a bad deal, but I had a good experience with them.:confused: I like their products and besides I know who they are!! THANKS AGAIN PERFORMANCE CURVE YOUR THE GREATEST :laugh: :laugh:

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Look at Performace -curves feed back on Ebay They have ripped off lot of people. there are something like 20 negitive feedback just in the last month ......Maby you were just lucky Or maby they just dont rip off people they know.
    Performance Curve SUCKS!