Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Buying tires and rims mailorder

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I will soon be ordering tires and rims from probably 4Wparts. I have had not so good expence with these guys in the past but their deals are great when they get it right. My question is are they going to have enough common sence not to slam 12oz of weight on the face of my brand new 589's or do I have to specify not to ruin my rims?

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I dont know , but I would just talk to them when you order the whells and tires. I would make it very clear that if they arrive with the weights on the outside you will refuse the order. (You have the right to inspect the shipment prior to signing for it.)

3. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Always, get promises in writing.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

4. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine just ordered some rims from them. When they arrived he had them mount some tires. Then they tried to put them on the truck and the rims didn't fit... cause they were 5 LUG RIMS!! So they dismounted the tires and placed another order for 6 lug rims. They finally came in and they mounted/ balanced them and put them on the truck. As soon as he gets the truck over 45mph, it starts vibrating! So now he has to take them back and have them rebalanced!

I've never had problems with them but don't be surprised if they mess up your order. Goodluck!

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers... and it's still not BIG ENOUGH!!

5. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

I work at 4wpw and maybe its just our store, but we dont even have any face weights, so I dont think that would be a problem

6. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Killer...
    So in your store everything is done with stick on's?

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

7. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

You must be careful with stick on weights. If they are too far in they will hit your break calipers

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have had good luck with 4WPW.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You'll have 5 months to think about it cause it'll take forever to come and then if it's the right order, go buy a lotto ticket [​IMG]. Be sure to inspect everything before you sign no matter how much of a hurry the ups guy is in.

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

10. EricM

EricM Registered Member

I ordered my 36x12.5 swamper radials on 16x10 (8 bolt) AR baja rims (look like Eagle 589's just made by American Racing) form tyres1 mounted balanced lugs and center caps shipped to the door for about $1300. This is the best price I could find. No problems what so ever. with all the complaints about 4WPW maybe you should check with Tyres1 for an estimate. Even if it is a few $ more it's probably worth it to get it right the first time.

11. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

I ordered a set of 38 TSL radials on 15x10 Wheel Vintique wheels( they look like barts but the salesman told me barts were weak around the lugs). They cam mounted and balanced and they road smoother than my 35bfg's on ARE 15x10 aluminums. I was very satisfied.

Im getting 35's for my K5 and the only reason Im not ordering them is because I have found an extremely good deal here locally.

73 K5, 350, auto w/factory air....How sweet it is.

12. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Seven months ago I ordered a set of Pro Comp ATs and a set of American wheels. It took six weeks before they got the order right!! I thought that I was all set until two months ago. The tires are weather checked (cracking) around the bead area. I called the schmucks on the phone and got 4 weeks of run around. I finally figured out that they just opened a store in COS and drove over there. The first response was that's not bad!!! They finally admitted that tires that have 1,000 miles on them and are only seven months old should not be doing this. They then told me to wait until it gets WORSE!! From the sounds of things they don't want bothered. I would buy your tires and wheels from a local shop. It may cost a couple dollars more but you will have a reputable person to deal with. The clowns over at 4WPW only want your money and have no concerns about safety.

13. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

DON'T DO IT!!!!!! I can hosnestly sat the 4WPW is the only place I would never order from again nomatter what. Go w/ National W &amp;T... same prices and the won't F ya in the you know where. I ordered my tires from them cause it was buy 3 get one free... well tires only shipped from KC to Minneapolis.... they charged me $160 bucks!!!! I asked for a shipping price when I called and they said they didn't know.. would be under $75 so they said for the tires only. Well I go pick them up and there is no price or nothing on the reciept they gave me either... I finally found out when my credit card statement came. Grrrrrrrr [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>