Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

buying vehicle with no papers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bryguy00b, Nov 2, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what would be involved in getting papers for it to drive it?

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

If the person you are buying from had them and lost them no big deal have them file for lost title with the dmv and get a new one for ya, its easy just did it for my camaro. Not too sure how it would work doing a salvage title if your 100% sure its not stolen, it would just be alot more paperwork for ya and red tape to go thru.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well this guys got an 83 s-10..(ive been looking for a cheap one for a DD)..for 100 bucks..runs..was a farm truck cuase it had no papers...i was wondering what i would have to go through..ill callem back and see what happened to them

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I would pay him, get a written and signed receipt from him, and then go and file for a lost title. You will find out if it's stolen or not. Don't remove the vehicle from the property till you have a clear title... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

depends on the state you live in, each state is differnet on how to fiel for lost title, only the person selling the vehicle that lost the title is supposed ot pay for and do the lost title paperwork in IL anyways, it costs 30 or more bucks to do it here,

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I had a 68 falcon that had no papers. I called DMV and had them run a title search. it didn't come up stolen. There was just some simple paperwork to fill out and in 2 weeks I had clean, transferable papers. It was a pre-title vehicle though.