Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bwaahahhahahh.....h2 Owners

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Oct 22, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was off roading at a state ORV today (I'm still on the trip, I brought my computer with to do homework and the hotel has wireless) and there was a "hummer rally" I thought cool, I'll get to see some Humvees work. There was one H1 and the other 30 were H2's.

So, after meeting the group at a mud hole and play spot, me and a couple of Jeeps go out to hit some trails. We do a couple fairly easy ones, and then get back on the main road to go to a different trail. We came over a hill and the hummer group was parked right in the middle, so nobody could get by! Some dealer had an H3 out there and the 30 H2 owners were watching it work an easy section. Mike (TJ on 35's locked at both ends) decided to drop down into the gorge next to the section because the guy was going an inch every five minutes so he didn't hurt the paint job and the H2 owners weren't gonna move until he was done.

Mike starts in, gets about 50 yards, all the hummer guys are now watching him instead of the H3. I drop in, get to a point where my right front tire droops to the max, and the body mount pulls through. The fan hits the shroud and makes a gawdawful noise. I power out of it to bring everything back in line and continue on my merry way.

By this time...the guy driving the dealer's H3 is parked, out of his truck, and watching us work in amazement. Video cameras are rolling, pictures are being taken, and we feel like celebrities. Soooo....if you're on any H2 sites in the next few days, look for my rig, 2 different guys filmed me the whole length of the gorge :haha:

Sorry, that's my dumb story for the day, but I found it pretty entertaining how a decently built Jeep and a decently built Chevy can make a "hummer owners" jaw drop in amazement. They came to Gilbert for an "off-road class" and I didn't see a dirty rig in the bunch.

2. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

lol sweet deal man :p: And now you know what im gonna ask you....................

So have you rolled it yet? or atleast got it on its side? :haha: :confused:

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I always picture those people wearing scarfs and trying to figure out how to fire up the two stroke powered espresso machines. Oh yeah and don't forget the Foster Grant driving gloves and LL Bean hiking boot's :rolleyes:

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice. :haha: :bow: :haha: The only way they get those things dirty is with spray on mud before going to the mall. If I paid 60 grand for a big pretty POS I wouldn't want to scratch it either. :rolleyes:

5. mikey_d05

Haven't rolled it, creased both doors on a tight trail, ran over a birch tree on an off camber hill climb :crazy: (I know, I know, but I might have rolled if I hadn't taken the tree out) And flopped it lightly on it's side in the gorge I was goin through but I just drove out of it. The locker/ls combo and the dovetailing are perfect for this terrain.

6. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

pff :laugh: You better be getting some good pics... i want different pic that i can use as my backround for everyday of the year :wink1:

7. mikey_d05

Well, here's your background for tomorrow and the next day until I can get some good action shots from Mike and Justin...maybe when you swing through New Ulm you could lend me a pry bar and help me try to get my passenger's side door open. :D It rained all night Saturday night and the entrance to 1% got me sideways into a tree...and about 50 yards into the trail I slid off a rock and ground the bedside on another rock. The rocker panel being crushed is from Saturday in The Gorge.

I folded both doors in pretty good on Saturday, ripped off the exhaust from the convertor on back, and ripped the glass out of my mirror on Sunday. No, I don't suck at driving, the trails are that tight.

Fullsize wheelers force it until their junk fits. :D

SUC50076.JPG

SUC50075.JPG

8. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

man i wanna see ur vids!!!!