Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bye bye body lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Jun 9, 2003.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Finally got around to removing my 3" body lift and installing new body mounts. Body lifts had a time and place, but it ain't the 80's anymore /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The cutting starts tomorrow to make sure there isn't any sheet metal in the way of the tires. So 4" lift and 35" tires, sounds good to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif This is the start of my 4x4 projects this year, next is winch install, and am real close to ordering a 10 point cage from s&w.

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear the body lift is gone /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    But why not go 6in and not hack the fender unless there rusty /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I went 5" (4" + 1" zero rates) and will be running 35s...fenders shouldn't need trimmed but I'm gonna do it anyway because I think trimmed fenders look

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

actually I have zero rates in the rear, so thats another 1", and I'll probably add them in the front.

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

the front will likely need to be trimmed, especially if you run without a sway bar, I cut up my tires before I trimmed the fenders and that was with 7"'s of lift. I kinda like the cutting anyways, lets people know this isn't just another pavement pounder, built for the purpose of actually 4 wheeling. I also want to keep the center of gravity as low as possible, so small lift, more cutting /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif