Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bye Bye to one of my trucks.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Storm Trooper, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Well, I did it. I put two of my trucks out by the highway and a guy is going to buy my Scout tommorrow.
    [​IMG]
    It has been a good truck and I wish I had the time to fix it up.
    Oh well, I bought it for $1500 and sold it for $1000. It plowed tons of snow and ran good until it spun a cam bearing. The guy said he is going to use the plow on his truck and turn it into a project truck for his kid.
    I'm glad it will have a good home but I will miss it. He said he will send me a picture when it's done. That would be cool :o
    The next one to go I hope is one of my vans-
    [​IMG]
    I've got it sitting there for $1500. Maybe someone will turn this one into a one-ton buggy or something?

By the way! Please vote because we are loosing to "Pavement Sucks" Thanks!!

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That's a good looking old Scout. Back in high school I had a '78 Scout that I put like 14" long shackles on to fit 33's. It was all over the road! :crazy:

The van is 4x4? Dana 60? Too bad CO is so far away from IL!

3. Storm Trooper

Yep, it would make a great off-road or crawler truck.
    The van is a 4x4, 460, E-350 and it's mechanically in great shape but the body has been eaten pretty bad. It can crank through some thick stuff.
    It's kind of a tank (non stopable). Once, I pulled off the road in a ditch and pulled another truck out with no problem. It's had the motor, tranny and transfer case rebuilt. Hell, I think I paid almost what I'm selling it for to get the tranny done a few years ago. If only I had the time to part it out or build a 15 passenger crawler :D

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

a 15 passenger crawler would be sweet! you could charge people for rides!

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have always wanted a 4x4 Van. I have owned quite a few nice vans back in the days when they were real popular to fix up and customise.

Maby you and I could meet up about 1/2 way........ Maby some where around Moab?????? So I could give it a test drive? LOL Just kidding. My wife would kill me if I showed up with another project vehicle. :D

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

If you were only closer, i would snatch that van up tommarow, but thats a long haul.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That van would make one heck of a camper. :thinking:

8. Storm Trooper

Well guys, I got back tonight after dopping off the Scout at it's new home and I feel better that it will have someone that will work on it and keep it going. I don't know what I'll do for a plow truck this winter but I will figure it out when it's close. I hated to see it go but it's all for the best.
    As for the van, it would take a lot of work to make it a camping van but since I already have one, I know how cool they are. My personal van now -----
    [​IMG]
    is great for camping or what ever you like. I love it. I'm taking the money from the Scout and have full approval to go get some seriously needed tires and maybe some rims :D . I think I will totaly update and restore this van.
    It's also a one-ton 460 4x4 and it's got a color TV, vcr, apline sterio in the front with sirius sat. radio, a personal Kenwood in the back, 4 captains chairs, an elec. operated fold down rear seat that turns into a bed and a 120V plug in if you need it. I used it today to pull the Scout to it's new home.
    Someone that had the time to build a van like mine, could turn the van I have for sale into a bad a$$ truck but the body would take asome serious work.
    Oh well' the Scout found a good home and maybe the Van will too.
    Only time will tell.............. :dunno:

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Nice!..

Nice van(S)!...maybe you could hang a plow on one of the vans,and avoid buying another plow truck? :thinking: --I came close to putting one on my 72 Chevelle wagon conversion I had--wish I did sometimes,I'd probably have kept it..too late now.. :crazy:

10. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Does that 4x4 van you're selling have a HPD60? Ball bearing or kingpin? What's the tranny and tcase in it? What's the rear axle?

Thing looks decent.

11. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status