Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BYPASS the Prop Valve??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5thatShmobs, Nov 26, 2002.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Ive been having lots of trouble trying to get decent pressure to the rears... when I bleed them it barely dribbles out. I replaced the MC, which didnt help, and based on responses of people that have had the same problem as me, the problem lies within the proportioning valve. I took it out, and Im thinking of just bypassing it altogeher with some new lines that go straight from the master to the brakes. Has anyone done this? What does everyone think?

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

My initial thought was to bypass it all together, the problem I came across was I could not find the correct fitting for the rear output. I went to 8 differen't stores in town and no one had a fitting that would work. Thats when I decided to gut the PV. I sent you a PM describing what I did.

3. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

If you're sending that info out, I'd love a copy too. My rear disc just haven't been what I thought they should be (pedal height wise at least). Found another little issue with mine. Amazing how they SLIP when a seal goes south! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    woody9@mwt.net
    Thanks!

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Go to the 2nd gen 4x4 column...this discussion has been going on for weeks.

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem.
    I think when there is a loss pressure the combo valve shuts down that side of the line.
    I ended up having to bleed the rear line starting at the combo valve and at each joint in the rear line till I could get fluid to come out the rear bleeders.