Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

C and J Code Intakes

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by TK5, Jul 24, 2004.

1. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I was wandering around the local parts yard the other day and came upon a pickup bed full a parts. What caught my eye was an intake that looked liked or C or J code intake. After pulling it out from under some parts and looking at it, it did not have a divider in the top. Most of the two different that I have seen had the divider. I know the C has an egr valve and the J code doesn't.

My question, what is the intake thet i pulled out? the guy gave to me to for 5 bucks.

Phillip TK5

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I think you got the Gen 2 of the J code- I think all C codes have the divider in the middle- my J code does not have it.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The newer 'J' code intakes don't have the divider. Sounds like you scored! Hard to beat any 'J' code for $5.../forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Rene

4. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. I appreciate the information. I searched over the truck for other goodies and walked around the yard
    and didn't find anything else. I am in the process of rebuilding a 6.2 to put back into my blazer. right now i sure i have a blown head gasket (I didn't replace the head bolts when I replaced a piston) and a rod knocking. fortunately I have another vehicle to drive in the mean time.

Phillip TK5

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Keep us updated!

Rene