Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

C clip eliminators

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevBlazin, Mar 18, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I was looking through a Jegs catalog recently. I saw they sell something called C-clip eliminators. it bolts on to the end of the axle housing and has bearings that are pressed on to the axle shaft. If the shaft breaks it wont slide out of the housing. Has anyone used these on a 4x4, or wouldnt they hold up? Maybe something similar could be done with 4x4's?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Don't bother. They don't last for street use, let alone offroad use. DesertDueler has installed a couple sets on cars, and he said every set came back to him with leaks.

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Yea what Harley said /forums/images/icons/smile.gif The only one I have seen hold up for a while,was on a really light mustang and he runs M/T Sportsman Pros on the street. They are wrinkle wall two ply sidewall. He also has to run them at 20 psi whick makes you drive on the center. He still has to replace the seals about once a year, and he doesnt drive it much at all either (drag car). And if the axle breaks at the end you are still screwed.

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Just get some disc brakes and the shafts won't shoot out then! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

yeah, I was thinking about the disc brake thing. Not a full floater, but it sure could save you.