Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

C-clip eliminators

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazinaire, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Is anyone using c-clip eliminators on a 10 or 12 bolt? I figure that this is cheaper than a full floater kit and would still keep me from losing my axles and wheels. This would also be adding an extra bearing to the axle, so would it increase my carrying capacity? I currently have a 12bolt w/ MOoffroad truss, conferr truss, 4.56's and open diff. I do a lot of high speed offroading and have had a problem with diff's exploding (gov-lok) and axles sliding out.

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I have no experiance with them but one thing I have heard from about everyone that has had them is that they leak.

3. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I would check out Strange's website and email them for any technical info you needed, like about carrying capacity and stuff. But the axle housing has to be modified to install these.. Cut short I beleive and then the axles themself have to be modified too.. Its not a quick bolt on thing.. I had them a few years ago on a car 12 bolt and yeah they definately have a reputation for leaking, and mine leaked but I was able to seal them up. it might be like a every 6-months type of thing though. I sold that axle after only a few months of running it.

mike

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

C-Clip eliminators aren't to be used on a street driven vehicle. They can't handle side loads very well and are very dangerous. Basically a Drag race only item. Sounds like you need to look into a FF setup, seems like the rest of your combo is top notch so would be worth the money to make it pretty much bullet proof, that or/and get rid of the cruddy gov-lok. Just my $.02

5. shoeless

shoeless Registered Member

What about the Ford 9" and Toyota axles that run them, from the factory? They are street vehicles....just curious. Or do you mean that the ones Strange makes are not really up to the task of daily driving?