Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

C- clips

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcpilot, Aug 3, 2004.

1. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Just got new axle shafts from Superior /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifand new c-clips.. after installing them I could not get the locking pin to go in with out some help from Mr. Hammer...the open diff won't rotate correctly when I turn one of the axles...(they are binding against the locking pin) should I take the c-clips out and take a little off of them with a grinder?? /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif or shall I just take the truck out for a spin and let the axle shave tehm down? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

think grinder, I'd hate to think of the torsional stress, thats going on there. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Well come to find out the Superior Axles had about .040 inch of taper at the c-clip end more than the stock axles...after conferring with Stephen at ORD out came the /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif and off with the extra tapered end.. now the axles rotate freely and the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif "On the Road Again" /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif