Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

C/S Paint Job

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BurbLover, Dec 7, 2003.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Anyone care to recommend a decent paint shop for a decent price? Thought about Earl Shieb on Platte & Chelton as I go by there almost daily. Anybody dealt with anyone else?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The PO of my '90 'burb had it painted at Maaco. They didn't do a bad job (but they DID paint right over some leftover adhesive from a dealership sticker on the back door!). This rig had GM's infamous self-removing paint and it was peeling off. Maaco didn't use a great paint, as I have to keep it waxed at least twice a year or it will start to look chalky. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif But this may be the cheapest paint job that they sell. I'm pretty sure that they offer upgrades.

3. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Hey Burb Im a paint guy! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Also have access to the Army bases shop and they have a paint booth. What are you wanting to paint? How bad is the body? Rust? Dents? Ill have to swing by and take a look at it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sam

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Im a paint guy!

[/ QUOTE ]
    You may regret giving up that little tidbit of info! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif My ratty a$$ old K5 is in desperate need of paint. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Hahaha Yea I had second thoughts about clicking the continue button after I typed it! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Oh well Im a little rusty cause I haven't done it in a while so I figure I practice on your guys trucks before I do mine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hahaha Yea I had second thoughts about clicking the continue button after I typed it! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Oh well Im a little rusty cause I haven't done it in a while so I figure I practice on your guys trucks before I do mine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's for my wifes K5. I got a little money saved up and want to get it painted just as sson as it get the emmisions stuff done next week (payday).

The bodyt has a few holes from the body trim that I want to fill in and it has some surface rust on the hood from it being parked under a tree by PO. It has also been primered to prep for paint. If you trust you work, I might as well also /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Shoot me a PM or call soemtime and you can come check it out first.

7. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

When I get moved into the new house and settled in Ill get with ya about it. Sounds like you want to get it done pretty soon. Oh, tell your buddy he can have the motor for free! I just want to get rid of it so I dont have to move it. Tell him Merry Xmas!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sam

8. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Mark,
    If you don't want a show job come on out and we can do it. I have a pretty good gun (Sharpe).

John (PS. what motor are you getting free??)