Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

C10 questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pulser9, Jul 21, 2006.

1. pulser9

pulser9 Registered Member

Ok my buddy is buying this chevy c10 thats on 40s and also comes with a set or 35 boggers i think and like 10 inches of lift. It origonly was a v6 but it was converted to a 350 then they put a rebuilt engine in. My buddy wants to drive the truck as a daily driver as well as offroading so he has to get it inspected. The guy that he is buying it off siad that it may not pass emisions because it doesnt have a converter installed? Whats one of the cheaper brands to get a whole dual exaust system with a converter that requires no welding to instal?

Thanks
    Kevin

2. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

depending on how the system is you may be able to cut a section out and then clamp the cat into place. (this is the catalytic converter were talkin about right?)

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

First off I think you used the wrong name, C10= 2wd, and K10= 4wd... But to your question there is no true dual exhaust that use CAT's. The first question I have is what year is the truck?

4. pulser9

yep its the cat, And i just found out more details it already has a full exaust but is just missing the converter, so would i have to buy a new one and i guess try what you siad and clamp it on or could i go to the parts yard and cut one out from there? Cus there like 500 new right? And if it realy comes down to it i could find one of my dads friends to either weld it for me or let me barow there welder and i can use my horible welding skills to do it.

5. pulser9

cmoe thatys what i was wondering he said its a c10 its a 85 and 4 wheel drive. But i told him i didnt think they made c 10s in 4 wheel drive but he ashured me it was then i asked if it was converted to 4wd and he siad he didnt say anythign about it. So i was wondering that same thing.

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Wrecking yards are not suppost to sell used cats. You may look into someone parting out a truck about the same year as yours.....

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned