Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

C10 Three-on-the-tree parts: FOUND! Thanks!

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 13, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I'm looking for the 2 downlink shift rods from the column (in the motor compartment) to the trans, and the tabs that bolt to the trans that the rods hook to. Also the actual chrome shifter that goes on the column in the cab. For 3sp manual transmissions.
    For '86 C10, according to the books there was a change in the rods in 1984, don't know why. I would think probably any year rod would work '73'-87., but if it's '84 and up that would be better, but I'll take anything I guess. Mabey the change was to accomodate something with the hydraulic clutch which was new for that year, which I have?
    Previous owner put in crappy floor shifter that does nothing but ratttle, plus it jambs up easily if your not carful.
    Lemme know if ya got 'em and what you want for em. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  2. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

84 changed the column is all

rods and all would be same, no reason to be different length or curve or anything else

if i still had the 84 with factory three on tree i woulda got you all this stuff it ran shifted great

hum too late now though

good luck

3. 73k5blazer

Yeah, that's what I figured. The part numbers for the rods changed though. ButI think any year would work. If the older ones don't work, I'm sure they're close enough to be made to work.
    The yards around here have no 3-on-the-tree trucks, and very few trucks older than 10 years old anyway (rust!).

Anyone else??? Please...please.....

4. 73k5blazer

Come on....somebodies got to have these laying around. I'm not a cheapskate. I'll make it worth your while.