Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CA-38x12.5x15 TSL/SX's and 8 lug 15" steel wheels

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by jays68yak, Nov 11, 2005.

1. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

Posting for a friend.........He can be emailed at....HERE

Upgrading tires so these have to go!!!

The wheels are the basic 8 lug steel wagon wheels from summit. I’m pretty sure they’re made by American racing and have 4” of back spacing. 3 of the wheels have been sanded down and rattle canned black, the paint is in pretty good shape on them. The 4th wheel is the stock white color the wheel came in, the paint on that one is perfect.

The tires are 38x12.15 TSL/SX. The two in the rear have lots of tread left (probably 65%???) and have been professionally siped. The two in the front have the wear bars grooved out of them but are worn more than the rears (probably 45%???)….although they still have plenty to go on them as well. I can get measurements and pictures later.

I’d like to keep the tires and wheels together as I don’t want to pay to have them dismounted…and I’m sure you don’t either. So…because of that, how does $400 sound for the package? If you want just the tires or wheels, I’ll let the tires go for $375 and the wheels go for $75. BUT….I’ve got to have buyers for both of them before I do that.

I ran this set up on my ¾ ton set up and minimal grinding was needed on the front D44 calipers. I converted the 14BFF to disc brakes and even less grinding was needed for that, they clear the stock drums just fine. NOW…if you want to run them on a Chevy D60……be prepared to grind A LOT (Like mine is now)!!! PM me with a any questions. Tires/wheels are in Pleasant Hill, buyer must arrange for shipping and/or pickup. They’ll be available the week of Thanksgiving.

2. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

Heres a few pics of his rig, you can kinda see the tires and rims.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bigslok5

bigslok5 Registered Member

PM sent

4. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status