Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ca gas prices!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PeteH, Mar 2, 2004.

1. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

just venting some anger at gas prices!!!!! i saw one at 2.19(87 worst gas) and the lowest i found was 2.03, the prices are expected to go up to 3.00 by the end of the summer(cnn said so /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif what am i gonna do?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif electric powered blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Greasel /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You should worry! We're (England) at nearly £4.00 a gallon..that's around $7.00!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

For the past few years, I've heard of all the t.v.'s and news broadcasting that gas prices were going up to the $2 range and they never did.

Its all hype and since when does anybody actually believes the media? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. steedalx

steedalx 1/2 ton status

It's 1.45/gallon here in North GA for regular. I thought that was high.

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Be sure to remember the politicians that got you into that mess at the next election. California requires a different blend of gasoline than other states do, so there isn't enough capacity to make enough of it yet and it is made in relatively small quantities. Limited supply and custom blending/additives runs up the cost. But you can bet that someone, somewhere is also lining their pockets... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

"Regular" unleaded here is going for about $1.55 per gallon. But at this altitude they sell 85 octane pond scum as "regular". /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Be sure to remember the politicians that got you into that mess at the next election. California requires a different blend of gasoline than other states do, so there isn't enough capacity to make enough of it yet and it is made in relatively small quantities. Limited supply and custom blending/additives runs up the cost. But you can bet that someone, somewhere is also lining their pockets... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

"Regular" unleaded here is going for about $1.55 per gallon. But at this altitude they sell 85 octane pond scum as "regular". /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....and lets not forget the scam where they have an "unscheduled" shutdown of one CA refinery, and the prices at the pumps skyrocket MILLISECONDS after the announcement!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

There's a part of me that's mad....but another part of me that wishes gas prices in CA would go up to $5 a gallon and STAY there!!! My commute would be a lot less congested, and there'd be a lot fewer single-passenger monster SUVs clogging up the roads, and blocking my view. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    and there'd be a lot fewer single-passenger monster SUVs clogging up the roads, and blocking the view from MY monster SUV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Well I have to admit.....I don't often "commute" in Stomper.

Something about the $15 in gas that it costs me just takes the fun out of it most of the time......getting rained on with no top this time of year removes the REST of the fun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you saw my real commute car, you'd realize that EVERYONE blocks my view anyway....not just SUVs! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. Yobtaf

Yobtaf 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok its an old post but look how far we have come. Nobody belives the media hype??? oops:doah:

11. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

man i was floored reading this...until i saw the date of post...gas was @ $3.15 yesterday, w/ wal-mart 3 cent discount i bought it at $3.129

we have a new grocery store here that has a gas station, its name is harps, i went there today, originally to get 2-3 things, wound up buying a cart full of stuff, b/c the store has items, that if you buy them it takes off a certain amount per gallon of gas up to 15 gal., like a gallon of milk takes off .10 per gallon, i bought 4, so thats .40 off each gallon of gas up to 15 gallons, i bought alot of stuff i didn't need but will use, just to get the .05 or .10 off of gas...little Debbie's was .03 off gas, i bought a dozen,...oh and veg oil was .25(i bought 6 for 1.50 off ea gal of gas....the items change weekly and they have a sign that says ''we refuse to sell gas less than .01 per gallon''....after all was said and done..i went to their gas station and got 15 gallons of gas for....$4.20,....yep no typo, i said..four dollars and 20 cents for 15 gallons of gas, i got it down to .28/gal by buying certain items in store, i will shop there from now on!

12. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

gas prices

Gas prices in Mineral Well West Virginia are 3.49 a gallon,It cost me 91.00 a week in gas to dd my blazer.:(

Mike

13. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

gas

I paid 3.89/gal. today:eek1:.

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It's just below $5 a gallon for diesel up here, and gas is about $4.80..........:surepal:

It's only a matter of time before our entire economy collapses because of high fuel prices..........:deal:

15. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

$3.32 last I saw on Sunday not been out since. Would love to have it at those prices again. I figured $3.69 a gallon for my trip but if it goes higher I will have to buy a gun and mask :mad:

16. Yobtaf

Yobtaf 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats true. I just filled up my little scion and it was $36. I remember spending 36 a month. I think Jello Biafra said it best, die for oil... suckers. This is just ridiculous!!

17. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I posted on another thread that I spent $600 last month on fuel just for me, had to go buy another vehicle to save me some $. Figure in two months it will have paid for it self in three it starts making me money.

18. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Gas here is $3.69, diesel is $4.57!!

It is rediculous, but if 100 million americans just complain and cry, things won't change.

I always find it interesting to find out what my local politicians lease on the publics dime for transportation. Check yours out, you'll be amazed. Fuel economy is VERY far from their wallet.

Prices always spike right before summer, then come down a bit to make you breath a sigh of relief. But it's STILL higher than it was.

I drive a bottom of the barrel 2wd toyota pickup every day for the mileage, have a nice car in the garage for trips or outings, but the blazer really doesn't go on the 1000 mile trips like I used to not think twice about.

When it gets to the point that gas in my blazer for a weekend trip is more than a round trip ticket to hawaii, I will rethink things.

And it's VERY close to that.

And way to revive an old thread!

Ones like this are cool to put things back into perspective.

19. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yea you got that right! I am considering selling some of my parts for gas. I am debating on selling my NOS dash. They go on eBay for around $274.00 hate to do it but need the money for trip. :(

20. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

that cool...how was the prices in the grocery store? Just curious. A gallon of milk here is $3.29, what's it there?